*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1008505-Psalm-37
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2235304
A book to keep track of bible studies and other spiritual wisdoms.
#1008505 added April 14, 2021 at 12:41pm
Restrictions: None
Psalm 37
Prompt:
Psalm 37:4-5
4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
5 Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

Write about a time God gave you a desire of your heart.





owl for signature use


I depend on God everyday just to be with me 24/7.

The most recent thing would be a second dog as a pet. Every one was scoffing about me getting a new pet because of my age. Also, I have one small dog about age 15. I wanted a larger dog with a bigger presence. Then, I began to doubt my need for a new pet and thought maybe they were right.

Sometime close to Christmas I prayed about rehoming a young dog who was homeless only if God thought it was a wise thing for me and the new pet. Also a few weeks before I got serious in prayer, my daughter called and asked me to describe what exactly I wanted in a new pet. Then after I prayed I just forgot the whole thing and went about preparing for Christmas.

The day before Christmas Eve someone put a need in my daughters place called The Basket New about a dog that had an urgent need for a home. I made contact with the foster home on Christmas eve and picked up the dog on the day after Christmas.

He is a very intelligent animal. Anna Shelter helped me with vaccinations and a chip so he now has his permanent license. He has been through some other homes before mine so he is anxious when we take him out in the car. Many rehomed dogs seem to think they will not stay anywhere permanently.

This dog gets along with my cats and my older dog. He was quite startled by the parrots but, accepts them now as family members. Like most rehomed dogs he did not have much real obedience training. We are moving forward with obedience training every day.

I am grateful to the Lord. Earlier in my childhood I expressed an desire to be a veterinarian. This idea was put down as not a worthy life dream. Through out life I have put money into educating myself about dog grooming, animal care, and animal training. About age 30 I began to realize I was following God's path for my talents. I've raised Dairy Goats, Chickens, Sheep, ducks, geese, and turkeys. I've kept dogs, horses, cats, and parrots as my companion animals.

I'm thankful that I can still spend time caring for these animals. They add a lot of companionship to my life. I never wanted to breed companion animals. There are too many people trying to make a profit from these animals lives. They take not only care in feeding and watering properly but, they need understanding, kindness in obedience training, and knowledge of human ways that give them trust and confidence in life.

It's interesting in scripture to see the first animal, born to another animal, belongs to God.

One of the first Proverbs I learned, "An empty stable is unprofitable."











apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2021 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1008505-Psalm-37