*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009202-Still-Waiting-for-Spring
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1009202 added April 27, 2021 at 12:25am
Restrictions: None
Still Waiting for Spring
We are still recovering from our trip to Ohio. Gone are the days where we could drive and drive. Sleep a few hours and then drive and drive. Seems hubby got a bit of a sinus infection so he is down for the count. And no, it is not the dreaded virus. Just overtired and overaged.

Things here in our neck of the woods are still chilly. 50° during the day, barely above freezing at night. But I have seen my daffodils up and blooming. Hooray! Still no leaves on any of the trees. Darn. I know what is going to happen. It will suddenly get hot. Happened last year. It was cool and damp and then suddenly 80°. Almost overnight.

Not much else is happening. I have been appointed as the coordinator for the National Day of Prayer for Roundup. But all the preparations were underway before we left for Ohio. There was another meeting when I got back, and now we just wait for May 6. I think the key to these types of events is getting the right folks on your team. I have a few friends that I asked to help, they do some of the work, I did some of the work. All gets done and no one person gets overwhelmed.

Yesterday we had a book club meeting. This meeting was fun. We had to read a book about geography. So on the trip back East, we listened to a book on tape in the car. "A Walk In the Woods" about the Appalachian Trail. Great fun. I also read the book years ago. I also hiked a bit of it with hubby, who has done many parts of it in the past. So that was my contribution. Oh, and for extra credit, and because I am a nerd, I took my full-size poster-mounted map of the AT with me to the meeting. Ha. 2,100 miles of hiking - from Maine to Georgia. Or Georgia to Maine. Depends on where you want to start.

Some days I wish I was on that trail. Walking in the woods. No people. No cars. No worries except for water and food. Oh, and a shower every now and then. I think I heard that the oldest person to do the AT, the entire thing, was 82. I still have time.


© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009202-Still-Waiting-for-Spring