*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009760-Day-of-Prayers
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1009760 added May 6, 2021 at 11:18am
Restrictions: None
Day of Prayers


PROMPT May 6th

Write about a community service or volunteer experience you’ve had in your life that made an impact on you.



When we lived in Gardiner, we often went to the Food Bank. Sometimes we took food to the folks there. That was usually in the summer when we were working. We didn’t have time to volunteer in the summer. In the winter when we had no job, we took food from the Food Bank. I always wanted to volunteer there, but they claimed they didn’t need help in the winter. I did volunteer at the small library in Gardiner once a month.

Once we moved to Roundup we went to the RSVP office to offer our services as volunteers. The Retired Senior Volunteer Program recruits people of a certain age to volunteer at locations all over town. We volunteer at council on aging and deliver ‘Meal on Wheels’, we sit at the museum and help visitors. We also sit on the RSVP advisory board to help them with programs and their ongoing vision. From that initial contact, we have met many wonderful people in town.

I feel we have repaid our debt and beyond. I will continue to volunteer as long as I can. My husband has backed off a bit in his commitments, but I continue to volunteer as often as I can.

Today is the National Day of Prayer. Recently the Mayor of Roundup approached me to take over the management of the city’s celebration. I graciously accepted her invitation and organized an ecumenical committee of friends to help. Another opportunity to volunteer and help my adopted community had presented itself. I had no direction of what to do, and no previous years’ history to work with. So, creative person that I am, I jumped in with both feet and did my best. I used the talent God gave me and we made it work. Now God and His angels will do the rest.





















© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009760-Day-of-Prayers