*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010768-A-Penny-Saved-and-you-know-the-rest
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1010768 added May 25, 2021 at 6:42pm
Restrictions: None
"A Penny Saved..." and you know the rest


PROMPT May 25th

Write about the most exciting, odd, or valuable thing you’ve found on the ground or abandoned on the side of the road. Invent a story about where the object came from and who owned it before you found it.



Like Robert Waltz wrote, money. I live near the 'superhighway' to the high school. Kids drive and walk by me all the time. They are careless, it seems, with their riches. I am frequently the recipient of a $20, $10, $5, $1 and more often loose change. Half goes to church, half to me as the lucky finder.

I walked behind one person on my noon walk. I actually saw the money fall from their backpack. Before I could yell to the person, he/she turned around and picked it up. I was glad. Don’t want to lose your lunch money. But as I walked further, there were still a few coins. I pocketed them since the person was now around the corner.

Hubby and I, when on our RV adventure, tried to sell Christmas trees in Phoenix. We recruited some young people to help. This one young man would come to work every day with some money to buy snacks, sodas, the usual stuff. When he got back from the store, he would look at his change and throw the pennies on the ground.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Getting rid of the pennies.” He replied,

“You know if you have enough, you have a dollar.”

“They’re stupid. Not worth anything.”

Again we said, “But if you save them, they add up.”

He kept throwing them on the ground. We kept picking them up. Evidently no one ever told him ‘A penny save is a penny earned.”


























Queen NormaJean II GreenEyes *Crown*


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.



© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010768-A-Penny-Saved-and-you-know-the-rest