*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010795-Cruising-With-Andre--The-Aftermath
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2207577
So playing the trombone wasn't getting me in enough trouble?
#1010795 added May 26, 2021 at 10:20am
Restrictions: None
Cruising With Andre ~ The Aftermath
It all started on Cozumel — at least what I can remember of it did.

Cozumel itself had been fantastic, the tour and climb of the Mayan ruins at Coba. Ziplining over the beautiful crystal lagune, though for the life of me, I can't figure out how Andre managed to zipline back uphill to do it three times. Rappeling into, swimming, and snorkeling in the cenote   was a lot of fun. Of course, Andre had to show off while we rappelled down, but I got him back when I put his swimmy's on him before he'd get in the water.

Best of all, though, was the extraordinary special visit we had to the Monkey Sanctuary in Punta Laguna. We got to meet many of Andre's little cousins and spent the day getting to know them. The visit ended much too soon, and it was time to board the chopper and head back to the boat. We cracked open a bottle (or two) of tequila that Andre's buddies had given us, polishing them off before we descended onto the boat, that was already heading out to sea. Captain Cedric was not happy with our rappelling onto his bridge, particularly since Andre insisted on wearing an eye patch and shouting, "Arrrr! We be boarding this wallowing tub ye scurvy vermin!"

Cedric quickly ushered us off the bridge, leading us in a chorus of "What Do You Do With A Drunken Monkey," which sounded familiar; I couldn't quite place the tune —

We both showered away the day and took naps, waking up just in time to don our tuxes for formal night — this is where it gets fuzzy. The rest of these recollections are pieced together from my addled memory and accounts of my fellow cruise passengers.

Just like any event involving Andre, there were copious amounts of spirits involved, among them, more tequila, some excellent rum, an outstanding Honey Mead — and don't forget the cigars! The maître d'hôtel rolled his eyes repeatedly as we first pushed tables aside to dance to the mariachi band. He fainted when we finally succumbed to just dancing on them! Captain Cedric revived him, only to have him pass out once more when Andre and a certain someone began to swing from chandelier to chandelier.

I remember playing trumpet with the band and winning a bet (somebody owes me a drink — lemonade will be just fine, thank you!). That's about it.

That's my last unclear memory until I woke up bobbing around in a lifeboat towed behind the ship. Andre was leaning over one side, chumming but not fishing, while I leaned over the other, doing the same. When Captain Cedric finally let us both back aboard the ship, we spent the remainder of the cruise in the infirmary. Lilith of House Martell and Brother Nature had the "Invalid Item staff physician flown in to care for us, that worthy doctor felt the need to further consult a specialist to aid in our cure. We are both fine now.

BUT! Andre just took a pass on a rum and coke, and we may have learned our lesson for a bit.

I'll get back to you on that.








Signiture Item...I'm only the trombone player!


© Copyright 2021 Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. (UN: brennus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010795-Cruising-With-Andre--The-Aftermath