*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010917-Failure-is-an-Option
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1010917 added May 28, 2021 at 11:27am
Restrictions: None
Failure is an Option



PROMPT May 28th

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?


Could not fail? Everyone fails. I can’t think of anyone that hasn’t.

Oh, wait. There was one perfect man. Jesus. He had no sin. Sin is not perfection.

To do something right the first time and not fail at it would be in my mind the idea of perfection. And do everything without failing, well, that after a while would become boring, don’t you think?

I would think it would also become just a bit dangerous. If you knew you couldn’t fail, then you would try to do more and more risky adventures. Sort of like being reincarnated.

Seems there was a movie with Tom Cruise. Strange little thing. He kept dying, and coming back to die over and over. He repeated the same actions over and over. Eventually, he conquered the evil monsters, of course, and I’m sure conquered the girl, of course. So would that be the opposite of knowing you could not fail?

I had two friends in high school that were straight A students. From kindergarten to graduation. Every grade, every class, every year. A’s. Then they went to college. Every class, every year. A’s. One became a lawyer. One became a dentist. They never failed, in school or in life. To this day, they are my friends, albeit distant. But great people nonetheless.

Strange idea, knowing you could not fail. Because by failing we learn our limits. We learn that we are human. We learn our faults.

We learn.







Queen NormaJean II GreenEyes *Crown*

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010917-Failure-is-an-Option