*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011069-President-George-Washingtons-Slave-Teeth
Rated: ASR · Book · Erotica · #2247385
The Earth rings like a bell.
#1011069 added May 31, 2021 at 9:19pm
Restrictions: None
President George Washington's Slave Teeth...



President George Washington paid 6 pounds to a French dentist for 9 slave teeth.
A record of this is in President George Washington's Mount Vernon ledger.
Lund Washington recorded it, "6 pounds paid for nine negro teeth to French dentist Lemay."
Poor people would sell their teeth, but slaves had no choice.

I am reminded of President Thomas Jefferson's slave concubine Sally Hemings.
The President had six children from their union after his wife Martha Jefferson died.
Sally Hemings and President Thomas Jefferson's wife shared the same father: John Wayles.
John Wyles fathered Sally Hemings with his slave concubine Elizabeth Hemings.

I like to watch the musical 1776 on Memorial Day.
In the musical Thomas Jefferson, the writer of the Declaration of Independence denounces slavery.
He declares he will release his slaves.
President Thomas Jefferson's slaves were sold after his death.
But Sally Hemings and her children were given citizenship.

Today we live in the United States where there is a widening gap between wealthy and poor.
The poor are slaves to a debt they can not repay.
They are the indentured servants of Charles Dickens' gilded age.
"Are there no workhouses? Are there no prisons?" Scrooge queries.


Vertago
<@>
© Copyright 2021 bob county (UN: muzzy43 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
bob county has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011069-President-George-Washingtons-Slave-Teeth