*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011443-In-the-Heat-of-the-Blog
by Ned
Rated: 13+ · Book · Entertainment · #2199980
Thoughts destined to be washed away by the tides of life.
#1011443 added June 7, 2021 at 11:31am
Restrictions: None
In the Heat of the Blog
The only thing I have to blog about today is heat, sweat and struggle.

It's ridiculously hot here. There is no way we should be in an extended heat wave in early June. Before you cry "global warming", let me say that the last time I remember an early heat wave, it occurred in April and we were all fooled into planting flowers. Then, just a few short days later (they are short days, it being spring still) we had snow and ice in early May.

Honestly, I would be alright with a surprise snowstorm.

As far as I know, it hasn't snowed in June in New England since 1815. So very little hope of that.

Obviously, the sweat is a result of the aforementioned heat, so we won't delve into that.

The struggle is that this isn't my first post in June. I am going to blog for The Bard's Hall contest and wish I had known about it before I wrote my first June blog post. But if I edit that post to add the link to the contest, it changes the date on the blog post to today. The problem is that it's a much better post than this one. I even wrote a poem, for crying out loud. It's far too hot to be poetic or philosophical today.

So, I would advise anyone reading my blog to immediately stop reading this post and go read the post from the third. Or maybe wait and read the next one. With any luck, it will be better than this.


"The Bard's Hall Contest

© Copyright 2021 Ned (UN: nordicnoir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ned has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011443-In-the-Heat-of-the-Blog