*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011864-WHELP-Guilty-as-charged-on-ALL-COUNTS
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2207577
So playing the trombone wasn't getting me in enough trouble?
#1011864 added June 14, 2021 at 11:28am
Restrictions: None
WHELP! Guilty as charged on ALL COUNTS!
First, let me say; There is NOTHING more disconcerting than to be notified, via Notifications that you have been mentioned in a blog comment and to go look for that comment only to find it was deleted, doesn't exist, and isn't there for you to read, learn from or answer.

Of course, before looking for the comment in question one (at least this one) reads the original blog posting. Read it several times as a matter of fact. Then I read through all of the comments, only to be confused by not seeing myself mentioned. The confusion gives way to a sort of enlightenment, when, after reading the blog post and accompanying comments you realize that many of the points in the Blogger's post pertain in many ways to YOU!

WHELP! Guilty as charged on ALL COUNTS!

And Proud Of It.

No, I don't write or review nearly enough, this has been a weird and whacky year. Covid created nightmares for everyone, especially educators, who in a few short weeks had to relearn how to teach. Toss into that a rolling loss of personal, the need to take on additional responsibilities and it's no wonder that I turned to just PLAYING on WdC. I'd apologize for that, but personally, I don't think I need to.

Yes, I have PURCHASED many of the Merit Badges I own. TOUGH! Most of them were bought during a member's fundraising for a worthwhile activity on WdC, or for an activity I took part in and benefited from. GET OVER IT!

Yes, I have PURCHASED online currency. With it; I either sponsored my own activities, supported other WdC members activities, purchased membership upgrades for deserving veteran and new members, purchased Merit Badges for groups and members who deserved them, and had Merit Badges created for groups that needed them. YOU CAN GET OVER THAT TOO!

No, I don't always answer Blog comments, for various reasons. Sometimes the comment doesn't invite an answer. Sometimes the comment makes an assumption or misconstrues the point I'm making. Rather than start a Facebook-style DEBATE, that ends in stupidity, I just let it go. If you have a particular question as to why I didn't reply to a comment you made, either to my blog, the Newsfeed or anywhere else, let me know. I also make it a point to respond to all Reviews with a succinct Thank You, a carryover from my solo festival audition days, the Kick The Waste Paper Basket When Your Alone Philosophy.

And yeah, the same people always win the contests, even the ones I enter. Maybe because they are the superior writers? It's not hard to be a better writer than me!!

Short Point? If I'm doing something wrong, Tell Me! I'm pretty thick-skinned (you'll never see me kick the waste basket.

After all;

         I've been told to throw my Trombone under a passing bus.
         Been fired by Bobby Rydell, we looked too young — Bobby never heard us play.
         Been told my ellipses were wrong...both ... versions.

I can probably handle whatever you have to say.

Thanks!!




© Copyright 2021 Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. (UN: brennus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011864-WHELP-Guilty-as-charged-on-ALL-COUNTS