*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013468-Its-Crying-Time-Again
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1013468 added July 11, 2021 at 1:24pm
Restrictions: None
It's Crying Time Again

Do you remember the song 'It's Crying Time Again'? Well, that thought just came to me, with my different lyrics,

It's crying time again, the fires are starting.
I can see the smoke a'billowin in the sky
I can hear the sirens blowing
It won't be long til all are crying, all is gone.

Fire season is here. So many fires all over the region. There are three nearby. The fire siren gives everyone the jitters when it goes off. The fairgrounds has firefighters camping out there. The stalls used for the 4th of July rodeo now hold horses and cows people evacuated from their land.

We've only had about 3/10 of an inch of rain in the past two weeks. Drought conditions are now the norm. Grasshoppers are moving in. Farmers are scrambling to find hay for their animals.

The other day hubby bought some sod to cover the dirt in our backyard. This is ground left barren by the big dig some months ago that repaired our sewer. So on a very hot and buggy day, we laid sod. Oh my. Several hours later, bug-bitten, sun-scorched, and irritated with each other, we finally laid all pieces. I have to admit it looks wonderful. Now the challenge is to get it to stay green and root.

After the Big Bang of the 4th celebration, all in Roundup is back to the summer normal. Except for the fires. We pray those don't become the new normal each summer.

Another day of 100°, YIPPEE. At least it has been cooling down at night. But it is summer. Better than -40°.

© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013468-Its-Crying-Time-Again