*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013612-Chapter-5
by Raven
Rated: GC · Book · Adult · #2254644
Rebecca’s desire for power leads our heroes back into a familiar hell.
#1013612 added July 14, 2021 at 5:10am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 5
Jake, Beth and Pamela all awoke with throbbing headaches on a cold, hard dirt floor, necks still sore from the strangulation, throats still raw from the tentacles, and stomachs still sour from the amount of Abigail’s toejam they’d all inadvertently ingested. The room still spun for all of them as they regained consciousness, and Jake had to sit himself against a wall to prevent slumping over. Beth watched her friend carefully, ready to assist him if he looked like he needed it. Jake looked seconds away from emptying his breakfast on the floor of this… it looked like a root cellar, but the bars in the room made it clear this room served as somewhat of a holding cell. The look on Jake’s face suggested he knew where they were, and indeed, Jake’s unfortunate amount of experience with Abigail and her house of horrors told him everything he needed to know about the situation they currently found themselves in; and none of it was good.


Pamela pressed her face into Beth’s lap as she struggled to regain herself, and braced herself by taking a handful of Beth’s thick cargo pants before looking up at her. “Kitten…” Pam managed to croak out, her voice sounding raspy and hoarse from the forced insertion of Abigail’s toejam tentacles. “W-...Where are we?”

Before Beth got the chance to answer, Jake spoke up from across the cell. “Hell….” Jake swallowed in order to try and lubricate his painful throat before speaking again. “We’re in hell. AKA The basement of Abigail’s… “funhouse”.”

Jake’s head rested against the wall, as he shut his eyes. He was clearly trying to be clever, or convey some sort of emotion other than hopelessness, but it didn’t take Pam’s powers to feel the deep despair radiating off the boy. He’d been here before. He clearly wasn’t enthused to be back. Beth helped Pam sit up and pulled her against the wall as well, using her other hand to comb through her own hot pink locks. Beth’s eyes wandered up to the corners of the room when a red blinking light caught her eyes: Cameras. Abigail was recording them- or at the very least, keeping an eye on her new captives. Her eyes turned to Jake who seemed to notice the same. “Alright… you’ve been here before. How do we get out of here?”


Jake’s gazing around the cell almost seemed as if he himself was trying to come up with an answer. Jake never told Beth much about the times he’d unfortunately found himself here in Raven Falls, but Beth knew that all of the three occasions had shaken Jake to his core like few other experiences in his life. Usually extended hospital stays and psychiatric help were what followed, and Jake never divulged details to Beth, but she knew whatever went on here was some seriously messed up shit. She’d watched Jake be used as a human fuck puppet and not let it phase him- whatever went on here was bad news.

“Those cameras are new…” Jake spoke up after an extended silence, eyeing the cameras again. “They’re not for security purposes either…” Jake swallowed hard. “As far as I know no one’s ever escaped these holding cells… whatever is gonna go on in here… she wants it recorded.” The thought of that sent a shiver down all three of their spines, and as the chill subsided, the door at the top of the stairs swung open, and down marched the heavy footsteps of the woman who still haunted Jake’s very worst nightmares; the ginger terror known as Abigail.


“Sorry about your temporary living arrangements, I know you three are used to a castle, but I can’t take you three to the room I’ve got prepared for you all. I’m still getting everything set up, between the lighting, and the cameras, and…” the redheaded Amazon pressed herself against the bars of the cell as she trailed off, her eyes wandering from the three of them down to just Jake, as a nasty grin spread across her face- a grin that just caused Jake’s heart to sink down into his stomach. “Jake, my darling. Why haven’t you subbed to my Onlyfans yet?”

Jake’s eyebrows furrowed as he returned her gaze. “Who the hell would subscribe to your onlyfans? Why do you even have that? I didn’t even know you guys had wifi in this fucking shithole.”

Abigail laughed and ran a hand through her own hair, playing with it in an attempt to look like she was flirting. The overt-ness of the action made it seem as if she was mocking Jake. “Oh y’know, I just figured since you were into big, beefy, smelly women now, you’d be all over me...” Abigail threw her head back in laughter as Jake grew beet red in the face. The other villains were never, ever gonna let him live down all that time spent with Goth, and it’s obvious word had traveled as far as Raven Falls. “... and you will be, soon enough. I’m in the porn game now, Jake. And do you have any idea how much superhero humiliation porn goes for on the black market nowadays? Sometimes millions. You three are gonna make me a very, very rich woman…”


Beth glared and for the first time managed to rise to her feet, leaving Pamela’s embrace and stepping between Jake and where Abigail was still pressing herself against the bars. “So what, you’re keeping us around to film porn with us? Fuck you, you sick bitch. You come in this cell and you’ll regret it for the rest of your short fucking life.”

Abigail once again threw her head back in laughter. “Oh Beth, always so angry, but always so oblivious to the big picture. I don’t just want you three for porn… I want you three for the ultimate snuff film.” Abigail’s demeanor suddenly darkened significantly, once again to the point where the three of them in the cell felt that all too familiar shiver creep down their spines. “Superhero humiliation porn goes for a lot. But a snuff film, where I kill the legendary BirdBoy and Catgirl? With an added bonus of the disciple of the most powerful witch who’s ever lived? Hell… I’d be richer than you, Jake.” A dark chuckle escaped the deranged girl’s lips. “I’m gonna whittle you all down until you’re begging me to stop… begging me for death… and after that, after you’ve all completely given up on your meaningless existence… then, I’ll march you all up to the studio I’ve put together upstairs… and we’ll begin making my masterpiece.”


Suddenly, before Beth could even register everything she’d just been told, some of Abigail’s toejam tentacles slithered out of the walls of their cell, and grabbed Beth, suddenly wrapping themselves around her and pulling her back against the back wall of the cell. “Beth!” Pamela shouted and got up, trying to help, but Pamela met a similar fate as Beth as tentacles wrapped her up as well, pinning her against the wall.

“In the meantime though, we’ve gotta break your spirits, and I need Onlyfans content, and I can’t think of anybody else I’d rather have help me out than you, Jake.” Abigail unlocked the cell door and pushed her way in, grabbing a handful of Jake’s hair and dragging him into the middle of the room, before getting down on one knee and resting Jake’s head on her thunder thigh. Jake kicked and squirmed and desperately tried to free his hair from her grasp, but it quickly became clear that Jake wasn’t going anywhere.

"Let him go, you wretched harpie!" Pam screamed before the revolting sludge covered her mouth.


"That is enough out of you, there will be plenty of time for screaming later," Abigail reprimanded before taunting Jake, "Smile for the cameras, Jake…”

They watched in horror as she tipped her head back and made a show of shoving three fingers down her own throat. Beth and Pam, as if witnessing a train wreck, couldn’t bring themselves to look away. Abigail began gagging more and more furiously, until suddenly, a wave of brown and green vomit escaped Abigail’s mouth, and found itself all over Jake’s face! Beth actually found herself screaming in horror over the disgusting, depraved act, and Jake felt his entire body seize in disgust as a wave of piping hot puke covered his face and chest. It was in his eyes, up his nose, and most horrifically of all, in his mouth, and oh dear god it burned. The searing pain of Abigail’s hot stomach bile, combined with the overload of disgust he was feeling, nearly sent Jake into a seizure as Abigail dropped him to the floor and wiped her mouth before standing up and smirking down at her victim.

“I’ll be back later to check on you all. We’re just getting started.” Abigail turned on her heel and sauntered out of the cell and back up the stairs, and as soon as the toejam released them, both Beth and Pam scrambled to Jake’s side to check on him.

He coughed and held up a hand for them to stay back as he forced himself to crawl to the edge of the cell. He voided the contents of his stomach and the unfortunate vomit he had inadvertently ingested. He heaved and after a moment tried to stand, "Fucking bitch," he rasped.

"What the fuck was that?!" Beth demanded, "You're telling me people pay for that kind of shit?!"

Pam ignored her pet in favor of checking on Jake. She ignored the foul scent of puke that infested the air, and readied a cleansing spell in her hand. Jake had slipped and fallen back onto his ass, panting and convulsing from disgust, as she drew closer to him. She held out a hand that was glowing with a white light and ran it over him, "You okay?" she asked.

"Fucking terrific," he said sarcastically, "We're trapped in the dungeon of the fucking devil and I just got a face full of puke. Oh, and let's not forget that it was filmed and will probably be all over the goddamn internet!"

"She's not the devil," Pam said bitterly, "She's a worthless hag parading around as some creature of power. Also, I'm sure she doesn't have that many subscribers, Jake."

"Are people actually into that kind of thing?!" Beth blurted out.

"Yes, Kitten, I am afraid there are," Pam replied while continuing her magic.

"That is fucking disgusting!" Beth exclaimed, "Who would have thought an immortal bitch could be such a freak…"

"She's not immortal," Pam spat, "She's like, pushing forty or something."

Jake looked down at his suit and was relieved to see that the bile and filth was gone from it and his face. The taste was still in his nose and mouth, but at least it wasn't actually on him anymore. He stood up with shaky legs, "Stay here long enough and you'll believe her," he said as he took wobbly steps back towards the wall.

"Jake, you've dated two women who were actually immortal," Pam pointed out, "Rebecca has lived for centuries and Ashley was a fucking vampire! That crone is not some all powerful being. She doesn't have the faintest clue as to anything arcane!"

"Are you sure?" Beth asked, sounding slightly scared, "How else can she control those...things?"

"Do not let your minds deceive you with what you perceive," Pam replied, earning a quizzical look from both of them. She sighed and pointed at herself, "What do you see when you look at me?"

"A powerful woman," Beth answered, with an uncertain tone.

"A sorceress," Jake added with a flat tone.

She shook her head, "Take the fact that you know me out of the equation," she explained, "To many, that bitch included, I appear as an average young woman, would you agree?"

"Yeah?" Beth said with more of an upward inflection than she intended, "Slightly intimidating, but yeah fairly average."

"I am not-" Pam began before sighing and pinching the bridge of her nose, "Nevermind, the point I'm making is that neither of you can see auras."

"Auras, what do you mean?" Beth asked.

"Every single person has an aura," Pam explained, "They vary from one individual to the next, but someone with magical talents gives off a brighter and more vibrant aura. Rebecca, before she lost her powers, radiated raw energy. Her aura could literally be felt by those without training, but that pretender calling herself a God only wields fear."

"I can see it," Jake said after staring at Pam for a moment.

"See it?" she repeated, "What do you mean?"

"I can see some kind of outline around you," he replied, "It's faint, but when I look closely there's some kind of distortion in the air around."

"You can see that?" Pam asked, "How long have you been able to see it?"

He shrugged and leaned his head back, "It started after the hotel with Rebecca. I didn't think anything about it to be honest. I figured it was lack of sleep, but if what you're saying is true then maybe it's something more. It got worse after the night with…"

Pam stared at him for a moment before walking over to him. She hadn't expected either of them to be able to see anything, but Jake being able to see was more of a shock than surprise. Testosterone was typically an inhibitor when it came to anything arcane, and yet somehow he was tapping into it. She would need to look more into it once they were freed from this hellhole. There were legends of warlocks and wizards from days long ago, but a male mage hadn't been seen since the eighteenth century. This boy was certainly an enigma. It was no wonder Rebecca had such a powerful fixation with him.

"The night with Ashley," she finished for him, "Jake, what happened that night?"

He shook his head, so Beth chimed in, "You've been distant and off since that night. We're worried about you. Please, we're your friends, you're my best friend, talk to us."

He knew that they were worried about him, he knew that they had been worried about him for a while. Pam had even made it a point to bring it up on numerous occasions, but he had never been able to bring himself to talk about it. He sighed and hung his head. There was a chance that they weren't going to escape this place, and he didn't want to take this secret to his grave.

"That night…" he began, "I went there with every intention of killing Ashley, I really did. I knew it was wrong, and I knew what would happen if I did. None of that mattered, though, because I knew that if I failed then you two would pay the price."

"What do you mean, 'you knew it was wrong'?" Beth asked.

"Rebecca," Pam answered, hesitantly, "Ashley was sealed in the void, the space between worlds, and powerful as she was there was no way she could have broken through on her own."

"How could she have done that?" Beth asked, "She doesn't have any of her powers, and why would she even bother? Ashley was in love with Jake and last I checked, Rebecca isn't the sharing type."

"She was, but she was also a powerful vampire queen," Pam replied, "Alchemy and rituals don't require one to manipulate the weave. Alchemy is more akin to chemistry, and ritualistic magic draws on latent energies and specific components. Her powers were erased, but her memories were left untouched. The ritual to break a seal to the void is something that one doesn't easily forget, especially when such an event has such a colossal backfire as it did the first time Ashley was released. As for why, my guess would be she needed the blood and dust of a powerful vampire for something. Alchemy is simple enough, but for one to create truly powerful potions and elixirs they require much more...specific and unique ingredients."

"To what end, though?" Beth asked, growing more concerned by the minute.

"To restore her powers," Jake admitted, "Or at least some fraction of them. From what I gathered, she may never fully be able to return to her old self. I don't know what kind of concoction she was making, but I do know that a potion wouldn't be enough to completely restore her."

"And you went along with that?!" Beth demanded, outraged that her friend would go behind her back like this.

"Kitten, calm down," Pam interjected.

"No!" Beth cried, "How can you tell me to calm down after everything she's done to all of us?! He's helping to bring a monster back into the world!"

"I didn't kill her to help Rebecca!" Jake snapped, "I told you already, I only did it to save the two of you. I knew what she was planning before Pam and I found you, Beth, and I had no intention of helping her. Ashley came to me the same night you got yourself bit, and she showed me everything she was doing outside of the drugs. I had no intention of killing her, even before I knew what Rebecca was planning."

Beth's anger deflated at that. He'd been forced to help Rebecca because of her. That was an awful feeling, but she felt Pam's arm wrap around her to comfort her. "Don't blame yourself, Kitten, Jake was out of the loop and I was absent at the time," Pam said, "I'm sure he doesn't blame you for any of it."

"Of course not," Jake said, "I do wish you would have told me what was going on before you went, but I know how you are and I'm just glad you're okay."

Beth shook her head as she started to piece together everything. One thing stood out to her, though, and she had to ask, "So are we here to bring that fucking book back to Rebecca?"

"We are here to stop that repulsive harlot from obtaining any actual power," Pam answered, in an attempt to save Jake and herself, "That tome has significant value to me, and holds more power than that woman needs or deserves. I will not see someone of her detestable caliber achieve any increase in power."

"Taking it back to Metropolis means that Rebecca could get her hands on it!" Beth argued.

"Would you rather Abigail obtain even a fraction of Rebecca's former power with her twisted mind?" Pam countered.

"Well, no," Beth admitted.

"Better the devil we know than the one we don't, Kitten," Pam reasoned, "With Rebecca we know what to expect, but all we know of Abigail is that she is a money hungry sadist."

"Neither of those are good," Beth once again argued, "The world is better off without Abigail or the Goth Goddess. Why don't be just burn the book and be done with it?"

"Because I need it," Pam replied flatly, "I already failed to protect you from Ashley, and now I've let all of us captured. I need to get stronger."

"This isn't your fault," Beth said.

"If I had been stronger than none of those wretched tentacles would have touched us," Pam replied, "None of that matters right now, though. We've gotten off topic, and I believe Jake was sharing the details of the night at Clove."

"By all means, keep arguing," he said in an attempt to avoid the topic.

"Jake," Pam started as she sat down beside him, "Tell us what happened that night. We know you did what you had to, but there is obviously more to the story that we aren't getting."

Beth dropped her argument and sat down on his other side, "She's right. We can worry about the other stuff when we get out of here, but we've got nothing but time right now. Talk to us."

"You're not gonna let this go, are you?" he asked before sighing, "I killed a lot of her people before I got to her, but that wasn't what got me. I...I didn't win the fight between her and I."

Pam frowned and asked, "What do you mean? None of us are afflicted with vampirism, so why do you say you didn't win?"

"She was too fast and too strong for me," he admitted, "I had my stake, but she caught it and me before I could deliver the final blow. We were...we were locked in an almost intimate embrace when she bit me."

"Hold on," Beth interrupted, "Did you say she bit you?"

He nodded and Pam added, "That doesn't make sense. Are you certain?"

He closed his eyes as he replied, "I know what I felt, but honestly I didn't care. As long as she kept her word about you two, I was prepared to accept my fate knowing I'd given it everything I had."

"So you lost?" Beth asked, "If what you're saying is true, then how are we still human? Did you kill her after she turned you?"

"No," he said and Pam felt his heart break, "She...it didn't take, and she said that she understood. She said she had lost before she began, and then...then she drove the stake that was in my hand into her own heart."

"You're kidding me," Beth said and when she saw her friend's shoulders shake she hugged him, "She killed herself...Jake, I'm so sorry. Did you...did you want her to turn you?"

"No, yes, I don't know," he said as tears began to form in the corners of his eyes, "I know she wasn't human, but she was the only woman who actually wanted to help me besides you two. She died in my arms, and even with her dying breath she told me how much she loved me. She told me that I deserved better, that I was meant for more than hiding in the shadows, and she apologized for what she did to you!"

"Jake, you can't beat yourself up over this," Beth said, "You had no way of knowing that she would keep her word, and you couldn't have predicted that you'd have been unaffected. I know you don't want to hear this, but she chose to take her own life."

Pam remained silent as Beth tried to comfort him, "I would have chosen to be with her anyways…" he said quietly, "Why couldn't she have just...just...I mean why didn't she tell me what was happening?"

"Jake, you went there to kill her and she knew that…" Beth replied, "She probably didn't think you'd listen to her."

"The bigger question is, why didn't her bite have any effect?" Pam asked, "And what did she mean she'd lost before she began?"

"I'll never know," Jake answered somberly, "Rebecca...she was there that night. She watched the whole thing, and even though she'd gone through the same thing didn't care."

"That bitch," Beth spat, "Wait, what do you mean she went through the same thing?"

"That is a story for another time, Kitten, but that is heartless even for her," Pam answered before giving Jake a concerned look, "That's why you've been distant around her and us, isn't it?"

He didn't say anything back. "Jake," Beth started.

"It's fine Beth," he said while he pushed himself back to his feet, "I'm fine, we need to focus on getting out of here."

Pam could feel how far from fine he really was. There was still something he wasn't telling them, but she didn't want to force him to talk. Beth, however, couldn't sense it and was like a dog with a bone. She was on her feet before Pam could stop her and following after Jake, "You're not, don't lie to me. There's still something you're not telling us."

"Beth, drop it," he replied without turning around, "I said I'm fine and we have more important things to worry about."

Pam could sense that Beth wasn't done, so she got to her feet and called out to her, "Beth, let it be. If he doesn't want to say anymore then we won't press him."

He turned around and gave her a small smile, "Thanks, Pam, now how are we going to get out of here?"

"Hmm, I could easily break down the bars," Pam replied, "But doing that would alert Abigail and the rest of her twisted little family."

"If we forget the stupid book we could make a break for it," Beth offered, not wanting to be here any longer than necessary.

"I'm not leaving without what's mine," Pam said resolutely, "You two are still too tired to fight anyway."

"We'll be fine," Jake said, "If we can get out of here and get back to the library then we can get the book and get out of this hell hole."

"If we get surrounded, then neither of you will last long," Pam said, "Much as I hate it, you two need to rest. Sit, both of you."

"Pam," Beth started, but stopped when Pam shot her a serious look, "Fine."

Jake didn't argue with her and walked back to the wall. He sat down and rested his back against the stone. He looked around and thought out loud, "My biggest question is where all this extra security came from. My reconnaissance said that they had been importing cameras and tech, but these bars weren't here last time. Furthermore, why does she need these bars? Anyone who ingests her foot gunk becomes her slave."

"She mentioned she was working on a new blend when that filth was pouring into my mouth," Pam said, recalling the horrid taste, "Maybe she's wanting unwilling victims for her OnlyFans content and experimentation with her abilities."

"You think she's been using people as test subjects?" Beth asked.

"Given the increase in disappearances and her hideous interests, I wouldn't put it past her," Pam replied.

"We can't let her get away with this," Beth said, disgusted, "We leave here and she'll keep abducting people!"

"Am I to take it that you're no longer opposed to us staying?" Pam asked.

"I'm not going to let people suffer!" Beth declared, "If that means I have to tear this town apart to do it, then so be it."

"We don't have our equipment and we're trapped," Jake said flatly, "We're either going to have to break out, ambush some guards, or wait for the opportunity."

"Neither of you are in any condition to fight," Pam reminded them, "I can get us out, but without your equipment I'd have to handle any confrontations."

"So what, we're supposed to just sit here and let ourselves be toys for the devil?" Beth asked.

"She's not-" Pam started before huffing and choosing a different approach, "Listen to me, both of you, the more you feed into that perception of her the more power you give her. She is nothing more than woman wielding fear. She has no more power than you allow her to have."

Before either of them could respond, heavy footfalls drew their attention. Two men with grotesquely greyed skin and distant eyes approached their cell. Pam could feel a united sense of sadistic lust pouring off of them. She stepped in front of Jake and Beth protectively. One of the men, one with matted and unwashed hair, stained clothes, and a sick yellow tint to the whites of his eyes, unlocked the door and pointed at Pam, "The matron wants you," he said.

Pam narrowed her eyes and barked, "Tell her that I'm not some dog to be summoned at will."

"You're coming with us," the other man said threatingly, "We can do it the easy way or the hard way, you stuck up bitch."

Beth shared a look with Jake as a wave of pressure filled the air. Pam clenched her fists and jaw as her palms began to glow, "Take one step towards me and I'll show you a hell you can't even imagine," she warned.

The man in front stepped forward and said, "Come here you little whore!"

Pam snarled and snapped her fingers summoning two fiery chains from the ground. The burst from the ground and stirred up the dirt as one wrapped around the man's throat and lifted him into the air. He gagged as he was held in the air and a spearhead formed on the end of the second chain. It followed her hand as she stepped forward and slowly dug itself into his chest, "I warned you, you miserable creatin," she spat, "Now, should I pull you limb from limb or disect you?"

"Let him go, you-" the other man began.

"Make one move towards me, my friends, or to save this worthless meatsack and I'll make your friend's fate seem tame compared to what I'll do to you," she snapped, "You lot need to learn who you're dealing with. I am not a woman to be ordered around. If I hear anything other than the screams of your worthless friend then I will make you beg for death."

She could feel a strange mix of outrage and terror from both men, but the unrestrained man didn't move or speak. She would make a painful example of this fool. She locked eyes with him and pushed her hand forward along with the spearhead on the chain. She poured some additional energy into the chain as it broke through his skin and passed between his ribs. The spear heated up and began to expand with smaller chains snaking their way through his innards. His gags evolved into strangled cries and whimpers as she visualized the pathway of her attack. She was careful to avoid his heart, and instead focused on sending the lengths through his arms, stomach, throat, and legs. The loops broke apart into hooks that began digging their way out of his body, and he finally broke and screamed in pain. Feeling somewhat satisfied, she flicked her wrist and pointed two fingers upward. His screams were converted to sickening gurgles as a chain forced his head back and burst from his open mouth. She held him there for a moment before throwing him forward and out of the cell. His body tumbled across the floor in a disgusting heap, and his once yellow eyes were bloodshot and lifeless.

The second man had watched in horror as Pam worked, and she could feel unease from both Beth and Jake at what she had done. She didn't care, though. These people made her sick and needed to be taught respect. She stepped forward and caused the second man to step back, "Now, since you've demonstrated that you can listen and behave," she said as she walked forward, "Why don't you try asking me nicely to accompany me to meet with with your pathetic excuse for a mistress?"

Her words had clearly offended him, but whatever control he was under was no match for the fear she had put into him. He swallowed his pride and bit his tongue as he forced out, "Would the lady be so kind as to come with me? The lovely matriarch of our family would like to speak with you."

"Good boy," Pam chided, "I suppose even a wretched dog can learn manners. Very well, but know this your cur: if you or any of your family lays a hand on these two while I'm away I will end you all. I have no need of weapons like my friends here, and I assure you that what I did to him was child's play compared to what I can do if I concentrate."

Jake stepped forward and asked, "Pam, are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Unlike the two of you, I have no fear of this vile woman," she replied, "She will either listen to me or I will show her what true fear is. If she thinks those repulsive tentacles will get me a second time then she's a bigger fool than I thought."

"If you'll follow me," the man said interrupting them and earning a scowl from Pam.

"I am speaking with my friends, and you and your harlot of a mistress can wait," she spat, "Unless of course you want to share the fate of your little friend."

He winced and stepped out of the cell, "When you're ready then."

"Pam, please don't leave us here alone," Beth begged, "You're the only thing standing between them and us."

Pam walked over and kissed Beth's forehead before pulling away and running a thumb along her cheek, "You two will be fine, Kitten, I'll be back with the book in hand in no time," she said, "And if that harpie wishes to fight then I shall. She is no match for me and she knows it. Know this, my love, no matter what happens I will come back for you."

"Promise?" Beth asked.

"On my honor and my heart, Kitten," Pam responded.

Beth bit her lip and looked away, "Okay, but bring back our equipment," she said after a moment.

"I will, Kitten, be strong while I'm away," Pam replied, "Remember, she only has as much power as you give her. Without your fears, she is nothing."

"Yes mam," Beth said.

"Be careful, Pam," Jake said, "You might be stronger than her, but this place was already a maze and now it's a fortress. Abigail is conniving and malicious, and she won't hesitate to send her followers to die for her."

Pam scoffed and looked at him, "I've served alongside and fought against a woman who thought herself a God, Jake. I'm not sure if there is one or not, but I know a false prophet when I see one. She won't be the first person willing to send those that serve her to their deaths, but I won't hesitate to cut them all down if need be. If there is a God or a Devil, I can tell you this, it isn't her and I intend to show you all that fact."

"Not sure if you were trying to sound cool or scary there, but either way I like it," Beth said, "I love you, please be safe and come back to me in one piece."

"I will, you two just hang in there until then," she said before turning and leaving the cell, "Alright, worm, take me to your matriarch, but I want silence unless absolutely necessary."

He nodded and locked the door to the cell. He motioned for her to follow and she did. She hoped that Jake and Beth would be alright until she returned. This woman had clearly scarred the both of them to the point of mortal terror. If they remembered her words and advice, however, then they would survive just fine. She spared a parting glance before ascending the stairwell out of the holding cell, and she told herself that no matter what happened she would get them out of there.

The light as she passed through the doorway was a stark contrast to the gloomy darkness from the cellar. The stench and filth, however, remained an ever-present constant. Along the walls were pictures that were coated in a thick black substance. It glistened in the light, and some of it seemed to drip off the onto the floor forming puddles of sludge. It was undoubtedly a touch and reflection of this home's matriarch. She followed behind her filthy guide and tried to take notes of the pathway. Admittedly, Jake had been right about the place seeming like a maze of sorts. Her guid took her through various halls with doors lining them every so often, and they walked through more than one set of double doors along the way. She could feel misery, lust, and hate radiating from different rooms. She guessed that there were whipping girls being held and used in some of these rooms.

There was an insignia of sorts hanging around the house and etched onto some of the doors. What looked like an A with some sort of web around it and points the edges reminiscent of arrowheads on the ends of the letter. Clearly, this woman held herself in high regard. She wasn't entirely sure where she was being taken, but she maintained an air of superiority and kept her defenses up.

They came through a set of doors into a large room with a massive table in the center. The sludge was still present, but seemed contained to the walls and corners here. A tattered red tablecloth rested on the table and what were once large and nice chairs lined the table. Plates with meat and vegetables sat on the table, and at the head was the supposed Devil of Ravenfalls herself. She sat with a plate of food, alone and looking amused, as they walked in. "How good of you to accept my invitation," Abigail said before frowning, "Where is Edgar?"

"I'll assume he was the foul mouthed and handsy one," Pam replied, "You'll find his remains outside of the cell you're holding my beloved and my friend," she turned to her guide, "Leave us, you filth."

"You killed one of my men?" Abigail asked, surprised.

"He and your other lackey needed a lesson in respect," Pam said, "I will not be spoken to like an animal. You'll find that I'm not a woman to test, and I warn you I'm not in a patient mood."

"I see," Abigail said before shooing her man away, "Have a seat, my dear, I simply had to speak with such a talented woman. I admit, I underestimated your abilities, but you've proven my theory correct."

Pam stood her ground and replied, "What are you on about?"

"Standing to hold power is pathetic, girl, you are in my world and I hold all the power here," Abigail said in a dark tone, "I suggest you start doing as you're told."

Pam snarled at her and held out her hand. A vibrant purple ball of flame formed in her palm that she held for Abigail to see. "This is what true power looks like, you vile wretch," Pam spat, "Speak to me like that again and I will drive this ball into you. Answer my question."

Abigail returned her snarl for a moment before a smile returned to her face, "Aren't you a fiesty one," she said, "I'll answer, but only because I find you mildly impressive. You're not like those other two, you're a strong and powerful woman like myself. One who demands respect at all costs, and I believe that you could be of great use to me."

"I'm nothing like you," Pam said, bitterly, "You claim to be some sort of God, and yet you have no understanding of the arcane or the weave. I, however, am a sorceress and am more than capable of backing up any threats of claims I make."

Abigail frowned at her remark, "I admit, that magic is something that has been beyond my grasp, but with your help that will soon change," she said, "This world should belong to women like myself and you, dear. Join me, leave that pathetic excuse for a girl behind and take your place amongst the new gods of this world."

Pam scowled at her, "Do not speak about my beloved in such a disrespectful manner," she warned, "She is more capable than you or any of your worthless family. I've worked with women like you in the past, but I'd sooner die than help you or your repulsive kind."

"My dear, there are no women like me," Abigail said before laughing and adding, "You think Beth is better than me? You may be strong, but you are both foolish and delusional."

"Fuck you," Pam said.

"You should be so lucky," Abigail said as she stealthily summoned tendrils from goop around the room.

Pam could sense a slight disturbance in the air and projected a shield around herself that repelled the incoming assault. She shook her head at Abigail as she spoke, "I expected something like this, you predictable bitch. I will make this simple for you, give me the book and release my friends. Do this and I'll leave this squalor you call a town in tact, refuse and I will rip your soul from your body and show you what true hell is."

"Impressive girl, but you have one weakness that I can still exploit," Abigail said, "I won't be handing over my prize, and I think you'll be more inclined to help me than you think. Tell me, girl, how well do you think Beth will handle my men without her equipment? Either you help me, or I break her bit by bit until she's begging for death. By the time I finish with her, she won't even remember your pretty little face."

"Are you threatening my girlfriend?!" Pam demanded as a rush of anger and power flooded her senses, "My name, you inbred simpleton, is Pamela Lavely and you will come to regret those words!"

"Make one move and I make her life a living hell!" Abigail warned.

Pam growled as the objects in the room lifted with her anger. Chains burst from the ground and rushed towards Abigail. She protected herself with a wall of fungus before running off. "Get back here, you coward!" Pam screamed.

"I'll let my family deal with you while I play with your little pet," Abigail said as she rushed out of the room and summoned thick strands of gunk to block Pam off.

Pam ran to the disgusting wall and tried to burn the wall. She was interrupted by a group of men who rushed into the room holding simple farming tools. She turned to them and barred her teeth. One of the men charged at her, but one of her chains wrapped around his legs. She flung him into the others and knocked them off their feet. She didn't release him, however, and instead threw him back into the table. The table shattered at the force of the impact and his body was left bleeding and battered. The others were undeterred, however, and as they got to their feet they tried to surround her. She stretched her arms out and the chains in the room separated and began spinning around the room. They changed shape from simple links to jagged blades.

The proverbial storm of fiery blades swirled around the room, and Pam began directing it as though she were conducting a symphony of death. She sent a swarm of them flying at the man closest and they sliced his skin open. He cried out in pain as his body was littered with cuts that got deeper and deeper. Some of the shards dug into him and ripped out of his back. He fell to the ground, silent and with blood pooling up around his body. Two men remained, and tried their best to avoid the onslaught of scalding blades that filled the air. Pam directed the blades with one hand, and concentrated on the fresh blood from the fallen man with her other. She summoned a large spike of blood from his wounds and sent it hurtling towards one of the men. It lodged itself into his chest and pinned him against the wall. He writhed in agony against it before his body finally went limp.

"Stay and die, or run and tell your mistress her life is forfeit!" Pam yelled at the last man.

He stood his ground and threw an axe at her. She dodged it and launched the entirety of her blade swarm on the man. She made sure to embed them within his body one by one. They poured into him until the room was devoid of any of her mystical weaponry. With all of them concentrated in his body, and him locked in place, she slowly raised her hand. He floated him in the air and began to panic. She clenched her fist, and all of the blades she had poured into him burst out at once. His body was ripped to shreds in an explosion of gore and fire. Pam was left standing in the center of the room surrounded by the remains of her attackers. She spat on the body of the closest man and walked out of the room. She needed to get her hands on that book and get back to Beth and Jake. She only hoped that she could make it in time, but if either of them were touched she would make sure Abigail paid dearly.


© Copyright 2021 Raven (UN: awesomeone1427 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raven has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013612-Chapter-5