*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013736-Reading-the-Bible-is-a-Privilege
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1013736 added July 17, 2021 at 12:31am
Restrictions: None
Reading the Bible is a Privilege
For my blog


Take UP Your Cross


Prompt:
When you think about reading the bible, what is the first feeling that comes to mind?

Answer:
Anticipation: I anticipate spending time with God's Word. I look forward to what he will reveal to me and to hear him speak personally to me. I feel privilege to be able to read his word for myself. Not only did I receive an education allowing me the ability to do so. People gave their life so that it could be translated into my language. The Bible is so precious. I never want to take it for granted.

An image for my blog group


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Original Logo.


PROMPT July 16th

Here we are, half way through the month already! This is what I hope is a different sort of prompt. Almost everyone has them, so tell us about your favorite restaurant. In the past, mine have been Pappadeaux, Abuelos, Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, and others. Do you have any?

Sometimes, my favorite restaurant can vary with my mood. It depends on what I am hungry for at the moment. We have been blessed to have a very large variety of restaurants in the United States. I guess I will try to name my favorite in differed categories.

Bar-B-Que restaurants: I like Earl’s and Billy Sim’s. It is a toss-up between the 2.

Hamburger joints: This is a tough one. I have several favorites. I like Whataburger, Braum’s, Old Fashioned Diner, and Sonic.

Mexican food: I like Chileno’s.

Pizza - Cici’s, Pizza Hut, and Domino's are my favorite pizza places.

Diners: Moma Lous, Madison’s, and All American Diner are my favorites.

Buffets: The Feast and Golden Corral. Western Sizzlin’ Steak House used to be a favorite until they closed.

Steakhouses: Santa Fe Steakhouse

Fast food: Subway, Wendy's, Taco Tico, and Chic-fil-a.

Chinese: Panda Express hands down is my favorite here.

Hot Dogs: Coney Island in downtown Oklahoma City. Yummy! They make the best Greek chili there too.

I love trying new food and new restaurants. Like I said, there are so many to choose from.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture to use in feasting on the word of God


FORUM
Feasting On The Word of God   (E)
This is for a Bible study group.
#2245217 by Marvelous Friend


Current study: "Fruits of the Spirit - Joy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you in the need for prayer? Let us know here and we will pray for you.
SURVEY
Open Door To Grace Prayer Hot Line  (E)
Do you want prayer? Ask for it here! All requests are confidential.
#1372909 by Marvelous Friend


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORUM
Poetry Topic of the Month Contest~Closed  (13+)
Win Exclusive MBs. It ends at midnight at the end of each month. Suggest the topic.
#2216416 by Sharmelle's Expressions


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the link to the group I do these Scripture writings with on Facebook if anyone else is interested in doing so also.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailyscripturewritingplan/?ref=share


Scripture writing - Psalms 68:3-6


Scripture:
3 But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice.
4 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name Jah, and rejoice before him.
5 A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation.
6 God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land.

Observations:
Verse 3- The righteous should always rejoice before God.
Verse 4- We should sing his praises.
Verse 5- God is a good father and a righteous judge.
Verse 6- God provides for his own.

Application:
We should continually praise God for his goodness and mercy.

Prayer:
Dear God,
Let your praise be continually in my mouth. Remind me to praise you when I am grumpy, angry, and depressed. Help me to change my habits of dwelling in those negative emotions, and help me to turn my focus onto you in a a heart of worship. Forgive me where I have fallen short.
In Jesus’s name,
Amen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gratitude List


1. Variety
2. New items
3. Restaurants
4. Money
5. Supplies
6. Food
7. Water
8. Stores
9. The bank
10. Gasoline and free air

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog City image small


Write about a mysterious figure in one’s neighborhood.

In fact, there is a man that has been going around at night trying to get in single women's apartments wearing a hoodie and all black. No one knows who he is, but I bet my dog could identify him. He walked into our apartment when my roommate was home alone. He didn't realize we had a dog until he met her. She is a little 20 pound Chiweenie dog, but she can be a force to be reckoned with when she is wound up. She got her a little bite that time. She got lots of love and treats when I got home because she defended our home and my roommate. She knew the man was up to no good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This image was created by the talented by Sharmelle's Expressions!


Prompt: I was cruising the galaxy with Elsa of Frozen and found this planet: Tarasankar Banerjee (11)
Read this item:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2254151 by Not Available.


If it doesn't come easily, maybe it should be let go.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs


Use these words in your entry today: fiery, static, strike, slowly and thirsty.

Slowly the pitcher winds up to throw his fiery ball. “Strike 3, you are out!” The umpire yelled. The crowd was making a lot of static now! They were thirsty for a win.
FORUM
Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum  (E)
This is the forum where blog prompts will be posted for the Blogging Circle of Friends.
#1901904 by Lyn's a sly fox


© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013736-Reading-the-Bible-is-a-Privilege