*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014124-Church-Membership-or-Not
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1014124 added July 22, 2021 at 7:47pm
Restrictions: None
Church Membership or Not
For my blog


Take UP Your Cross


Prompt:
Is belonging to a church necessary to be a “true follower” of Jesus?

Answer:
Last time I checked, my Bible does not say, “Belong to a church and thou shalt be saved.” It does say to not forsake the assembling of yourselves together. I believe we should fellowship with one another. We should assemble, but sometimes I think too much emphasis is put on being a member of a church. That is just my opinion.

An image for my blog group


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Original Logo.


PROMPT July 22nd

We all have that favorite book or movie. Tonight, write about a film or book that has stayed with you, even if it isn't one you'd consider a favorite.

There was an old Christian film. I don't even know if it is still in existence. I watched it when I was a child. The movie was called, “I Will Serve There Because I Love There.” There is a song by the same title that was played throughout the movie. My mother taught me the song and we sang it in church one Sunday. I vaguely remember the movie itself. It was something to do with a guy standing up to gang members. He is killed in the end of the movie. That's all I remember now, but I would love to see it again someday. It's message has stuck with me for life. It is about being so passionate about your relationship with Christ that you would even risk your life for what you believe in. It is a good and emotional movie.

I also really like, The House of The Winslow series of books by Gilbert Morris. They are Christian Historical Fiction. It is about the descendants of one family throughout several historical events in history. I love these books and can read them again and again. I also like his Lion of Judah series as it is fiction based on biblical stories. He is very good writer.

Another set of books I like really well are the books about prayer by Stormy Omartian. A more recent book and movie on prayer that is sticking with me is The War Room. I don't recall the author of that one right off the top of my head.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture to use in feasting on the word of God


FORUM
Feasting On The Word of God   (E)
This is for a Bible study group.
#2245217 by Marvelous Friend


Current study: "Fruits of the Spirit - Peace
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you in the need for prayer? Let us know here and we will pray for you.
SURVEY
Open Door To Grace Prayer Hot Line  (E)
Do you want prayer? Ask for it here! All requests are confidential.
#1372909 by Marvelous Friend


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORUM
Poetry Topic of the Month Contest~Closed  (13+)
Win Exclusive MBs. It ends at midnight at the end of each month. Suggest the topic.
#2216416 by Sharmelle's Expressions


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the link to the group I do these Scripture writings with on Facebook if anyone else is interested in doing so also.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailyscripturewritingplan/?ref=share


Scripture writing - Psalms 142


Scripture:
1 I cried unto the Lord with my voice; with my voice unto the Lord did I make my supplication.
2 I poured out my complaint before him; I shewed before him my trouble.
3 When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.
4 I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.
5 I cried unto thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.
6 Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I.
7 Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me.

Observations:
Verse 1- I said a prayer.
Verse 2- I unloaded everything on my heart to God.
Verse 3- God has everything under control even though I do not. He knows what is ahead.
Verse 4- I felt completely rejected by men.
Verse 5- I told God all about it and took refuge in him.
Verse 6- Asking God for deliverance.
Verse 7- Expressing faith that things will get better and that God has a better and bigger plan for me than what I can see right now.

Application:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart.

Prayer:
Dear God,
I trust in you. I know you have a good and perfect plan for my life. You are so good. You have my best interest at heart and know the bigger picture. What comfort it is to have a God like you watching over me.
In Jesus’s name,
Amen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gratitude List


1. Rest
2. Accomplishment
3. Cool breezes on hot days
4. Exercise
5. Dishes
6. Laundry
7. Medicine
8. Insurance
9. Helpful programs
10. Smiles

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog City image small


Prompt: "A classic is a book that has never finished saying what it has to say." Write about this in your Blog entry today.

If that is the case, does any book ever finish what it needs to say. The book, classic or not, will speak to anyone who takes the time to listen. The book has said what it needed to say. It just means people are still listening to it when it becomes classic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This image was created by the talented by Sharmelle's Expressions!


Prompt: I was traveling the galaxy with Johhny Depp and found this planet: Queen NormaJean Lightningrages (248)
Read this item:
 A Little Trip  (E)
Flash Fiction 5-19-20 W/C 299
#2222287 by QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham


Write about no where in your Blog entry today.

In case you didn't know, there really is a nowhere, Oklahoma.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nowhere,_Oklahoma

I haven't been there, but I would love to go to Nowhere in particular. I could make a Facebook post, I am off to Nowhere today. Taking a little trip to Nowhere. If someone asks me where I am going. Again, I can tell them Nowhere. Where did you go? Nowhere really. I could have a lot of fun with that. I wonder if anyone lives in Nowhere. Lol

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs


Write a letter to the personality trait you like least, convincing it to shape up or ship out. Be as threatening, theatrical, or thoroughly charming as is necessary to get the job done.

This is one of those days when I am not in the greatest mood to write something like this. I am still going to do it though. It is just easier to write about something when you are in the mood to do it. This has just been a busy day as I knew it would be. I am having one of my days that I feel tired and trembly on top of it. I don't have much energy and am shaking like a leaf as I write.

Dear anger,

I know you are a normal human emotion. I will have experiences with you from time to time. When used properly, you can be a good thing. You can let us know when something is not right. However, I don't want to spend a lot of time with you. I would rather you do your job and leave.

I can appreciate you for who you are, but it is not healthy or good for me to hang onto you. It would be pleasurable to a point to hang out with you for awhile with certain topics and experiences. However, you do not bring out the good in me or the will of God. Unfortunately, when you stick around, you bring about other negative emotions and actions. This is not good. Besides, I would rather be happy. I would rather laugh then cry.

So I am sorry I can not spend more time with you. I appreciate it when you let me know something is wrong, but we just can not spend a lot of time together.

Thanks for your understanding,
Marvilla

FORUM
Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum  (E)
This is the forum where blog prompts will be posted for the Blogging Circle of Friends.
#1901904 by Lyn's a Witchy Woman


© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014124-Church-Membership-or-Not