*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014345-Childish-Recollections
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1014345 added July 26, 2021 at 9:52am
Restrictions: None
Childish Recollections
The Original Logo.

PROMPT July 25th

We were all children at one time. Some much longer ago than others. Tonight, write about the things you loved doing when you were a child.

Playing and getting new toys were 2 of my favorite things when I was a kid of course.

I also loved swinging in the tree swing my dad made me. We had a large tree in the back yard. Dad took a rope and tied the ends securely on one of the large tree limbs. Then he took a board (2x4), cut a piece off to make a seat for the swing, and cut a couple of notches on both sides so the board would sit right across the bottom of the rope. I swang in that swing until I was a teenager and the rope rotted.

I would sometimes sit on the floor at the back door in the kitchen so I could watch the birds. I have always like watching the birds. Mom would crumble up bread crumbs outside to help draw them to the yard so I could watch them.

I was very good at drawing pictures too. Sometimes I would just sit and draw for hours. Mom and dad got me an old school desk they were able to buy at some kind of second-hand sale. They thought it would be a good thing to have in my room for doing homework and my drawing. I actually liked having it in my room. It was convenient.

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014345-Childish-Recollections