*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015300-To-Act-Comedic-Ortrails-off
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1300042
All that remains: here in my afterlife as a 'mainstream' blogger, with what little I know.
#1015300 added August 8, 2021 at 12:37pm
Restrictions: None
To Act Comedic Or...*trails off*
These brief dissertations start out as newsfeed posts and evolve into these notions of grandeur that attempt higher thinking only to float back down to the ground wanting to know, 'what aim?'

And here it is --

I might be confused which character I should be (as if that is something yet undecided), aspiring as a 'brilliant repository of...killer one-liners', per Stephen Fry:



The difference in American comedy and British seems one is a little bit rock and roll, and the other, country. And, we do know which derived from the other.

For comedic effect: here, smash my guitar. Oh, what? I'm not supposed to hand it to you?

Hmm. I might be British. *Guitar* Plug this one in and see if makes the same sound. *Wink*

Might just be one form riffing off the other inside of my mind...constantly, as if I'm to evolve into some higher comedic life form. In as much as we borrow from British comedies (ideally, 'The Office'), our American comedic art seems to find it's roots and aim a little higher than Jim Carrey now.

I do feel Fry fails to acknowledge that while we wise crack, our heroes can show pain in an aside. More depth. Some are anti-heroes, perhaps, rehabilitating from a life of poor choices or general ignorance. We are not truly above it all, just desire to be.

Much of American film of yore might attempt escapism or be Utopian in scope. Today, they craft new movies like, 'Free Guy', that I judge from trailers to be beneath an aspiring intellect, settling more to frame this unwitting character on an adventure he collects the girl's heart on the way to surprisingly overcome by naturally serendipitous instinct in video game-like odds (that may or may not involve an extra life or two along the way).

Perhaps, the new Utopian comedy is to suspend natural disbelief for the surrealistic quality of arcadian dreams.

8.8.21

Yup, add arcadian to list of words I've made up. Capitalize, not capitalize? *Rolleyes* Of course, doesn't matter.

Must be Sunday. Sounds like I stepped up to the soap box, once again.




"Life’s Little Misdirections 🥀🦋

© Copyright 2021 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015300-To-Act-Comedic-Ortrails-off