*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015472-Rain-Wind-Play-School---Things-are-Changing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1015472 added August 10, 2021 at 9:43pm
Restrictions: None
Rain, Wind, Play, School - Things are Changing
So we finally got some rain. But it was only 1/4 of an inch. Not impressive. Not by any means. The more impressive part of the storm was the wind and the temperature change.

I watched the storm march across Montana. Great anticipation for a hum-dinger of a storm. The wind picked up, then from a high of 99° it dropped to 60° in about an hour. Such a wonderful change after the heat of the past few weeks.

This all happened on Sunday and now on Tuesday, it is still below 90°. But tomorrow the heat returns. We've had big wind most of the day. Usually if we get big wind, it means a weather change is on the way.

And since it was nice today, before the wind started raging, I sat on the porch. Suddenly a little friend tapped me on the shoulder. My neighbor friend wanted to come over, with her sister. They were bored, dad was at work, mom needed to work at home, big sister had to work tonight so she needed to sleep, can they come over and play dress-up?

Now, some background. It has been over a year since they've been over. Something about that stupid Covid stuff. Anyway, sure, come over. We went upstairs and drug out all the old props I'd packed away last year. Little sister is quite the actress, we dressed her, she strutted around. Big sister is going to 7th grade this year. She had fun dressing up little sister, being a little artistic by mixing and matching the clothes.

Then their aunt arrives downstairs. She's the friend that brings fresh eggs every week. So she had to come up to see the chaos. She was a bit put-off by their playing, but I find the fact that these two can put aside all the world and pretend quite wonderful. Some of the children of today don't know how to play, how to pretend. I always encouraged my children in free play. Dress up, cars, little figures, go outside and pretend, anything to get the creative juices flowing. It is too easy to sit your child in front of a device or the TV.

Another thing going on in town is the free school supply drive. Every year the thrift store where I volunteer and RSVP partner to provide free school supplies for any family that requests them. No strings, no restrictions. We met two mornings so far to catalog and start stuffing backpacks.
We get the school supply lists each year. Then we supply backpacks and most of the needed supplies. Currently we're supplying up to 75 children. School starts next week.

I had to post a picture of my mannequin. Big sister dressed her in a feather boa and vintage hat. I think she looks fabulous.

 ~

© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015472-Rain-Wind-Play-School---Things-are-Changing