*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015512
Rated: GC · Book · Fanfiction · #2255076
Sequel to the 'Morphine' Trilogy
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1015512 added August 11, 2021 at 5:14pm
Restrictions: None
Epilogue: Snapshots


December 13th, 2002 – EOnline [BREAKING NEWS]
Death of Punk!
Terrible and sad news for fans of the punk-rock band ‘The Black Dahlia’. We are just getting word that their flight, en route to a series of Christmas concerts in Leeds, crashed along the border of Ireland and England last night. They had just finished a two-date tour in Dublin, and were set to perform five shows this week, when the pilot lost control of the small jet plane carrying all five band members and their two managers. Authorities say there are no survivors…

December 15th, 2002 – Yahoo! News Online
The Jacksons Pay Tribute to Fallen Punk Songstress
In a rare sighting, fans of the punk-rock band ‘The Black Dahlia’ were treated to the appearance of the King of Pop and his wife, Stephanie, as they came to pay their respects to the deceased lead singer. It should be no surprise as the band was signed on to Jackson’s record label – MJJ Music, where he was believed to have contributed a few songs to their successful albums over the years.
Over a thousand fans, from all over the world, were solemn outside the small chapel in Morrice, Michigan where Sheila Madigan was born and raised, but a cheer of support and appreciation arose from the crowd when Michael and Stephanie were seen leaving the chapel after the ceremony. They were gracious enough to stop for a few minutes to thank some fans for coming.
In a statement from the couple just released, it states:
“My wife and I were shocked and devastated at the news of the plane crash. Sheila was an extraordinary woman, who worked hard to make a difference in not just her life, but in the lives of others. Her music will continue to live on through her fans, and our hearts, thoughts, and prayers go out to her family. She will be missed dearly.”
Sheila Madigan was survived by her mother, who still lives in Morrice, but was unable to attend the funeral services for reasons unexplained.

As seen on Access Hollywood
Air date 15th February 2003

Pat O’Brien: Well, that’s it for our show tonight, but before we leave you, what’s the best way to celebrate your tenth birthday if you’re the son of the King of Pop, Nancy?
Nancy O’Dell: Uum…I don’t know, Pat? Get the biggest cake in the world?
Pat O’Brien: (laughs) Even better. How about spending an entire weekend at Disney World with about…oh… twenty of your closest friends?
Nancy O’Dell: Oh wow! Sounds like it was exciting.
Pat O’Brien: It sure was. We leave you now with images of David Jackson and his younger brother, Prince Jackson, with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and the entire Disney crew having the time of their lives. Happy birthday, David, from Access Hollywood. G’night everybody.
Nancy O’Dell: G’night and see you tomorrow!

[April 2003] Yale NEWS
> Campus and Community

Yale University Honors Excellence in Medicine
by Dorothy Bane

At a dinner hosted last night, several alumni of Yale University were recognized for their outstanding achievement in the advancement of science, technology, and medicine. Among the recipients of the award included Professor Shanju Zhang, Doctor Steven Maxwell, Professor Candice Pelligra, Doctor Stephanie Jackson, Professor Powel Majewski, and Doctor Gayatri Keskar.

In addition to her recognition for contributions to improvement in medical technology, Doctor Stephanie Jackson was one of five recipients of the Howard R. Swearer Humanitarian Award for her community service over the past ten years. She has been a champion for disadvantaged youth in the New Haven community; organizing outreach programs to serve the needs of the homeless, including food, drug re-habilitation and job programs.
She later addressed the room full of attendees with a promise to keep up research in the advancement of cheaper and more accessible medicine and healthcare to communities who need them the most. She also dedicated her award to the hundreds of people who touched her life during her community service as well as her husband, Michael Jackson, who was in attendance for the festivities.

As seen on Entertainment Tonight
Air date May 2003

Mary Hart: And now for our top story, the stars shine brightly at Neverland tonight! And we’ve got Mark Steines outside the gates of Neverland with more about all the excitement. Mark?
Mark Steines: That’s right, Mary. I am standing outside the gates of Neverland because the Press is not allowed into the compound and security is tight. However, there are literally hundreds of the media and fans lined up outside just to catch a glimpse of the celebrities who have been driving into the Jacksons residence in the past hour for what many are calling “The Party of the Year”.
Report: First to arrive was Dame Elizabeth Taylor looking resplendent in a sparkling evening gown by Versace. Next to arrive was Chris Tucker and his lovely wife, who took the time to wave to the curious fans before being ushered into the compound by security. They are just a small sample of the number of stars who have shown up so far for this event. What’s all the fuss about? Well, according to insiders, it’s a party unlike any other being hosted by the King of Pop, himself, for his Queen, Stephanie Jackson, no make that Doctor Stephanie Jackson. She just recently completed her fellowship at Yale University Hospital and has now taken over the reigns of her father’s small family clinic on the outskirts of Los Angeles. An aerial view shows several large white tents set up in the sprawling Neverland estate, and we can see a beehive of activity as celebrities step out of their cars. The guest list is staggering. We are expecting the entire Jackson family including Janet Jackson, Stephanie’s family of course, Elizabeth Taylor, Chris Tucker, Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith, Gladys Knight, Diana Ross, Liza Minnelli, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Usher, Brian McKnight, James Brown, Jane Fonda, Prince, Steve Harvey, Angela Bassett, Denzel Washington, and Prince Albert to name a few. And in addition to Neverland’s already excellent kitchen staff, chef to the celebrities, Wolfgang Puck, will assist in preparing dishes bound to have the guests salivating for more. Mary?
Mary Hart: Wow. It sounds like it’s going to be an incredible night, Mark, and not to worry if you can’t see anything right now because on Monday, we’re going to show you exclusive photos of the celebrations from inside Neverland, so you don’t want to miss it. Thank you, Mark.
Mark Steines: Thank you, Mary.

May 2003 - New York Post [Online]
News > Lifestyle News > …

Michael and Stephanie Jackson to Visit Gary, Indiana
Michael Jackson, whose family left behind Gary's gritty steel mills in the late 1960s for fame and fortune, will visit his Indiana hometown, with his wife and children, next week for the first time in two decades.
The Jackson family has scheduled three public appearances Wednesday in Gary, said Jackson spokesman Stuart Backerman.
Their trip to his hometown will come before a Friday deadline Jackson faces to complete a court-ordered deposition in Indianapolis in a copyright infringement lawsuit.
"He's been wanting to go to Gary, with his family, for a long time," Backerman said of Jackson, who lives in California. "The travel logistics make it possible."
While in Gary, Jackson is scheduled to receive a key to the city, attend an assembly at his brothers' alma mater, Roosevelt High School, and visit his boyhood home.
Backerman said there's no agenda to the homecoming aside from extending goodwill to Gary residents.
"He's totally excited about this," Backerman said. "I haven't seen him this excited about anything in a long time. Especially since he gets to share this with his wife and children."
Deborah Dannelly, the president of the international Michael Jackson Fan Club, said the Gary visit will be a landmark event.
"You're going to see him as a lot of people need to see him - as a person rather than a persona," she said.

As seen on local news telecast WHNW-LP Evening News
Air date June 12th, 2003

Reporter 1 in Studio: And now our top story for the evening, the King of Pop has come back home.
Reporter 2 in Studio: That’s right, Karen. Michael Jackson arrived earlier today to pandemonium in his birthplace at 2300 Jackson Street. We’ve got Barbara at the scene with more details. Barbara? Can you hear us? It looks pretty noisy over there.
Barbara: I can barely hear you, Steve, but yes! We are at the Railcats Stadium, where Michael, Stephanie, and their children David and Prince have just been welcomed with loud cheers of delight from the thousands of fans who have been waiting here for hours. We don’t expect them to stay very long, but we believe Michael will be giving a little speech to thank the fans for their support. All in all, it’s been one very crazy, busy, and rewarding day for the King of Pop and his family.
Report: It all started quite early in the morning, as after a quick stop at City Hall, where Jackson was awarded the Key to the City by Mayor Scott King, the procession of black SUVs began its journey to 2300 Jackson Street, where it all began for the King of Pop. Fans eager to catch a glimpse of the singer and his family, did not seem to mind the cold and rainy weather as they waited for hours.
Q: How long have you been here?
Fan #1: Oh man…I been here since four o’clock in de morn’. Gotta see Mike.
Q: And how long have you been here, sir?
Fan #2: I live righ next door. So I been here since the crack o’ dawn.
Q: How long have you lived here?
Fan #2: Oh, been bout thirtee year. I wan’ here when the family wuz still livin’ here, but I sho know them boys. Known little Mikey since he was a boy.
Q: And I bet you can’t wait to see him again. What will you do when you see him?
Fan #3: Imma start cryin’! (laughter from crowd of people around teen girl who replied) I jus wanna hold ‘m and tell ‘m how much he changed my life. I love you, Michael! [excited cheers erupt]
Report: By eleven-fifty, the first sign of the Jackson family sent the fans into frenzy. Many of them began to chant, some even singing his songs and dancing as the family stepped out of the car and waved to them in appreciation. Our cameras were allowed to follow the family while they inspected the tiny home where the entire Jackson clan spent the early years of their lives. Even Stephanie couldn’t quite believe her eyes as gauged from her reaction.
[Video of Michael showing Stephanie what was once their living room. He’s holding onto her hand as the boys wander off to inspect the rest of the house.
“So …small,” Stephanie mutters; her voice is barely audible and she appears to be speaking for only Michael’s benefit; though they are surrounded by bodyguards, city officials, and the current owner of the house, Tim Brown (his father’s cousin). “I can’t believe all nine of you…”
“I know,” Michael replies softly. “Hard to believe now when you look at it, but…it’s definitely a reminder of where I came from. Never going to forget it either.”
“It’s amazing…” she whispers in awe and squeezes his hand a little harder. “Just…amazing.”
“What do you think, Stephanie?” the mayor asks, forcing her to speak a little louder though it’s clear she’d rather blend with everyone else and let her husband take the spotlight.
“It’s awe-inspiring,” she replies with a smile. “I think it just shows that anyone can make it if you work hard and devote yourself to a positive craft, and I’m so…” She shares a poignant, meaningful look with her husband that sends a flood of color to his cheeks. “…so very proud of him. I really am.”
A smattering of applause and laughter breaks out as Michael pretends to cover his face with embarrassment at the compliment, and when Stephanie whispers something in his ear, he giggles, whispers something in her ear as well and places a light kiss on her cheek, much to the delight and amusement of their rapt audience.]
Report: The Jacksons next stop was at Roosevelt High School where over a thousand young people clamored for a glimpse of the King of Pop. He was serenaded by the high school band with some of his hits, which he seemed to appreciate by tapping his foot and bobbing his head. He was later awarded an honorary diploma, and later gave a short speech where he told the students that “with a will of iron, with perseverance and determination, you can do anything you want”. And we all know that the trip back to Gary wouldn’t be complete without doing one thing, right? Yes, the King of Pop even took the time to stop by a local KFC where he ordered some original chicken that he not only shared with his family, but with a few lucky fans, who can now boast of having shared a meal with the legend himself.

[August 2003] Infos Cote d’Ivoire
>Headline News > Entertainment

Nearly ten years to the day he visited the small village of Krindjabo near Abidjan, Michael Jackson – crowned King Sani – returned with his bride. It was a celebration with much joy and cheer, as she was introduced to the tribes people and elders who welcomed Mrs. Stephanie Jackson with open arms. Though the traditional elder – Amon N’Djafolk, who coronated Jackson, passed away a few years ago, his son – Ali N’Djafolk – did the honors this time around as Stephanie was bestowed the title ‘Queen of Sani’. She was draped in the traditional kente cloth before a crown of gold was placed on her head. The couple then partook in a traditional marriage ceremony, where vows were exchanged and affirmed to the delight of the thousands of people who had come to watch. Stephanie won the hearts of many when she addressed the crowd in impeccable French; stating how honored she was to be a part of such a beautiful celebration and experiencing the warmth of the peoples. She hopes to return in the near future with her children, so they too can experience the beauty of the country.
The couple next plans to make several stops at some orphanages and schools before visiting President Laurent Gbagbo for a dinner hosted on their behalf.

As seen on E! News Daily
Air date August 15th, 2003

Ted Casablanca: Last night, Michael and Stephanie Jackson dazzled the African media as they appeared for a dinner being hosted by the President of the country and his wife. However, many seem more focused on what Stephanie was wearing. Our reporter, Linda Grasso is coming to us live from Abidjan with more. Linda? What’s all this focus on what Stephanie’s outfit?
Linda: Well, Ted, although Michael and Stephanie easily stole the show as the best dressed couple of the night, it was the gorgeous flowing traditional kaftan specially created for her by a famous local designer here in Cote d’Ivoire, which has the rumor mills going a little bit crazy. She seems to be favoring a lot of loose blouses and flowing gowns these days, which is setting off speculation that we might be expecting Jackson Baby #3 sometime soon.
Ted: Interesting. Any clues or hints from those closest to the couple?
Linda: Well everyone seems to be keeping a tight lip over that, but a few sources say they’ve seen her visiting a few baby shops when they were back in L.A. Although that rumor was shot down because she was actually buying a gift for a friend and not for her personal use, but! We’re not letting go of the story yet. Many say they are due for another child as Michael’s been throwing out hints of becoming a father again, and now that she’s done with medical school...well...we shall see.
Ted: Thanks for that fascinating story, Linda. We’ll catch you at their next stop, eh?
Linda: Will do, Ted.

[August 2003] Mail & Guardian [South Africa]
>Entertainment and Culture

Principal Shooting Begins in Jackson Documentary
by Jay Deshmukh

In an effort to bring more awareness to the plight of children in Africa, the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, and his wife, Stephanie Jackson, have spent the last two weeks jet setting across the continent seeking locations to begin shooting their documentary which is scheduled for release sometime in 2004. Last night, they were special guests of Nelson Mandela, who spoke highly of the couple’s commitment in giving world wide attention to the deteriorating health, education and poverty in many towns and villages. Earlier in the week, the couple took a tour of Alexandra and Diepsloot – townships in dire need of clean water, electricity, and proper health care. The couple seemed genuinely moved at the stories of the townspeople and their plights, yet did have some fun with the children who sang and danced to entertain the visitors.
“It’s very moving,” Michael Jackson stated. “To see all these children who have nothing…yet they have the most beautiful smiles. It just warms your heart and makes you want to do so much more for them.”
The couple has committed to opening a clinic and center for education for the children; news that was welcomed with delight by the families who desperately need any help they can get…

As seen on Entertainment Tonight
Air date January 2004

Mary Hart: And now for our Celebrity Buzz. Could it be that Stephanie Jackson is pregnant? The rumors are growing stronger still as latest photos seem to show a slight bump that could signal Jackson Baby #3. Entertainment Tonight gets the inside scoop. Kevin?
Kevin: Mary, the rumor mills are going haywire thanks to these photographs taken of Stephanie leaving her clinic the other day with her lab coat still on. Insiders speculate she’s hiding the bump fueled even more with these photos of her attending the opening of the third Tender Life center in San Diego last week. Wearing an embroidered chiffon blouse by Jean Paul Gaultier, Stephanie looked resplendent, but refused to address any questions about a possible baby.
Gloria Hazer [Celebrity Insider]: There’s a glow about her now that many are attuning to her being pregnant, and according to a close family friend, she and sister-in-law, Janet, visited an exclusive baby boutique on Melrose sometime around midnight, so they could shop undisturbed. Whether or not she is, you can be sure that there is baby talk in the near future as many think Michael might be pressuring her to give him a third child.
Kevin: Speaking of Michael, he was in New York City last night as a part of the fundraising activities being hosted by Steve Harvey for his foundation devoted to mentoring young black men all across the nation. Although not scheduled to speak, Michael did take the time to leave a few words of advice to the thousands in the audience who were eager to hear from him.
[Video of Michael at podium speaking into microphone – is barely audible thanks to crowd hollering with excitement – “...you are the future of this country, do not forget that. Take your negatives and make them your positives and you will go far.”]
Kevin: After the event, Michael was – as usual – swarmed by paparazzi while trying to get into his car but was accosted by those curious to know if the rumors had any truth to them.
Pap #1: Mike! Michael! Is it true Stephanie’s pregnant?
Michael: (chuckles and smiles while ducking beneath arm of bodyguard and into SUV)
Pap #2: Michael! Is Stephanie going to have a baby?
Michael: (barely audible) When it happens you’ll be the first to know. (waves just as door slams shut to hide him from view)
Kevin: (laughs) A tongue-in-cheek moment from Michael, but he doesn’t seem to be giving anything away, so I guess we’re still on baby watch for the happy couple. Mary?
Mary: Thanks, Kevin. When we come back, is George Clooney going back to the set of ER? Stay tuned for that story and more after the break!


Snippets from solo interview with Larry King in studio
Air date September 18th, 2004 (CNN)

King: Do you consider yourself a private person? In the grand scheme of things I mean. (laughs)
Stephanie: (laughs) Well…depends on what you mean. I am private…as in I like to have my private moments, as I’m sure everyone has those times when you just want to be left alone and not be bothered or hunted down by paparazzi if you decide to buy a cup of coffee somewhere.
King: But it must be very difficult with being the wife of…the most famous man in the world…right?
Stephanie: (nods with light shrug) It comes with the territory, so I can’t really complain. It’s not always…I mean, I’m not always in the spotlight, and now that I’m back here on the west coast with my children, I get to spend more time with them just being a family. That’s the fun part for me.
King: And how do you manage to balance that? I think that’s what everyone’s curious to know; how you can balance being a mother, wife, doctor, and now filmmaker.
Stephanie: (chuckles) When you list it like that, you make me sound like some…
King: (laughs) Well yes, when anyone reads your profile and sees all you’ve achieved so far, it does seem extraordinary.
Stephanie: Thank you…it’s been a very long road and everyday I still believe I’m learning and growing as a person. I am lucky that I get to work at my own pace by choosing to take over my father’s clinic instead of going to the bigger hospitals and being rooted there. Being flexible allows me to pursue other things like the foundations and our attempts to provide adequate health care to improvished countries around the world. The Heal the World Foundation is working hard with UNICEF and the Red Cross to send much needed vaccines and medicine to third world nations. We are also making sure that food and clean water is in place for towns and villages that need them. Michael’s been working around the clock making sure that the money we raise from generous donations go to the right places, and so far we are seeing some wonderful results.
King: I’ve had a chance to watch the documentary – Hearts of Africa - and I have to say…it was one of the most moving things I’ve ever seen.
Stephanie: Thank you. Thank you so much.
King: Beautifully shot, and it just doesn’t show the negatives; as in showing Africa as a nation ridden with disease and illness, but you made sure you captured the beauty of it.
Stephanie: Exactly. Michael and I wanted to show the rest of the world that it isn’t all about seeing children with pot bellies and dying of AIDS or starvation. We wanted to show that despite all the hardships, there is still an underlying raw beauty in Africa that we encourage many in the Western world to explore. As Michael mentioned in the opening narration, Africa is the motherland. We all come from there or share roots from there in some form or another, so we cannot close our eyes and pretend as if it doesn’t exist. We all have the ability to make a difference and to make a change no matter how little.
King: Did Michael direct everything?
Stephanie: Pretty much. He was the mastermind behind it all; every shot you see on screen, he wanted to make sure we were able to capture the magic behind them, so he was very particular about how he wanted certain things done. But we had a lot of help from the crew, some who came with us from the States, and many of the locals, who were so supportive and put in a hundred and ten percent even when we encountered difficulties. The movie is dedicated to all of them.
King: And that beautiful song that played at the end…that was you singing with him...with Michael, wasn’t it? The theme song of the movie ‘Hearts of Africa’, correct?
Stephanie: (blushing and looking sheepish) Yes, he did finally manage to convince me to sing, and trust me, I am never doing it again. (laughs)
King: (laughs) Why not? You have a lovely singing voice. You could even -
Stephanie: (waves a hand and shakes head, still laughing) No way. Don’t even suggest that. I mean, I love my husband, but he can be pretty picky when it comes to recording, and it drove me up the wall after a while.
King: His perfectionism? (grins)
Stephanie: And then some. (laughs) But in all seriousness, every cent made from sales of the soundtrack will benefit the foundation and its attempt to open several clinics and education centers not just overseas, but here in the United States.
King: That’s wonderful to hear, and you of course know my wife and I will be there to support your causes all the way.
Stephanie: We really appreciate what you both have done so far for us.
King: No problem at all. And how is the husband...Michael?
Stephanie: He’s doing fine –still recovering from the flu. He sends his love and says you still owe him a ride at the bumper cars. He’s waiting. (laughs)
King: (laughs) He’ll kick my butt no doubt.
Stephanie: Aww, he’ll go easy on you.
King: Is he working on any new music?
Stephanie: Oh, he’s constantly working on one thing or another, but yes, he does plan to release a new album in the near future, and it might be his last.
King: Oh really? Why is that?
Stephanie: You’ll have to ask him when next you two get together, but I think he just wants to sit back and enjoy his accomplishments, you know? He’s been working since he was five years old, and he says he really does deserve the break – to just sit back and do nothing at all for a while, but knowing him…five minutes after he ‘retires’, he’s probably back in the studio doing something else. (laughs)
King: (laughs) And what about family? The boys?
Stephanie: Being boys (laughs) David’s in his first year of junior high and has joined the school’s basketball team.
King: Oh really? He’s a sports fanatic?
Stephanie: Oh don’t get me started. He’ll play anything if you give him a chance. He even tried out for hockey, but I was too scared he’d get hurt, so I said, you can play basketball and that’s it.
King: And Prince?
Stephanie: Prince is more artistic like his father. He loves to draw and paint things, and he enjoys the movies a lot.
King: Any of them have any talent like their father...any inkling to get into show business?
Stephanie: I’ve seen no hint of that yet, but it’s still too early, so I can’t say...
King: Will you discourage them? If they do decide to get into the business considering all the other negatives that can come with being famous.
Stephanie: Michael and I decided to let them make their own decisions when it comes to that. We aren’t going to force them to get into the business or be like their father, because it is inevitable that many will try to compare them to him and all his accomplishments, and we really don’t want to place that burden on them. They have to carve their own path and our job, as parents, is to guide them along as best we can.
King: They are wonderful children. I had the pleasure of talking to them at the dinner we had last month, remember?
Stephanie: Ah yes. That was fun.
King: Very well-behaved, polite and articulate.
Stephanie: Thank you so much. They think you’re funny. (laughs)
King: (laughs) I should be a comedian then. So any word on a new addition to the family?
Stephanie: New addition…?
King: There are rumors floating around that we might be expecting another Jackson baby on the way.
Stephanie: (laughs) Yes that has been floating around a lot, hasn’t it? Let’s see...I think I’ve been pregnant for about a year now.
King: (chuckles) Well, do you want to confirm the news here or not for the viewers?
Stephanie: (shakes head with knowing smile) Weeeelll....hate to burst everyone’s bubble, but no…I am not pregnant.
King: …yet?
Stephanie: (laughs) Yet.

__

[October 2004] Huffington Post
>Entertainment Report

Nominations Galore for Hearts of Africa!
Just when you thought he was only the King of Pop, Michael Jackson seems to be conquering the movie industry as well. Thanks to a strong debut at the Cannes Film Festival, where it won the award for Best Documentary feature as well as recognitions from the Director’s Guild of America and The Critics, Hearts of Africa is proving to be a darling for Hollywood, and many are praising the directing skills of the musical genius. Hearts of Africa is a two hour masterpiece that shows the depth, breadth, and scope of the problems facing the dark continent today. Yet despite the bleakness and harsh reality of some scenes, there is no denying the hope and endless possibilities Michael insists on showing the viewer. In his closing narration, he seems to say it best:
“Africa is our motherland, and we must not forget or pretend as if its problems do not exist. We must all do our part to make a change and to make a better tomorrow for the children who are the future.”
In addition to the stirring picture, the closing credits feature the theme song performed by Michael Jackson and his surprising duet partner, Stephanie – his wife. It is the first time the general public has had the opportunity to hear her voice on a soundtrack, and it is poignant to say the least. Soundtrack sales have gone double platinum since its release, and the single went all the way to #1 for two weeks on the Billboard Top 100 chart. Not bad for a rookie singer. However, do not expect her to be releasing any new albums soon, as she had pledged it was only a one time deal.
All the same, critics predict the song will be nominated for awards at both the Golden Globes and Oscars come the main award season. There’s no doubt it’s going to be a shoo-in to win not just for that category, but guaranteed to take home both awards for a documentary worth watching.

__


Breathe...


And yet in the midst of the chaos that makes up their lives, they still find the time to get away from it all; to go to a place where no one knows their names or even cares to know who they are.

Hand in hand, they walk along the wave-kissed beach, bare feet sinking into the grainy white sands every now and then baptized with the salty green-blue foam from the ocean miles beside them. There are no curious paparazzi here. No one knocking at their doors demanding their attention. No depositions to attend or lawsuits to deal with. No clients or patients demanding her time. There are no piles of invitations they have to go through; making difficult decisions on which they’d have to ignore, R.S.V.P to, or attend.

The children spend the time with their grandparents and countless nephews and nieces at Hayvenhurst; an arrangement pleasing to all parties involved.

For the weekend, they plan to do absolutely nothing; cell phones and laptops and business obligations set aside so they can focus on only them. For company, they only have God’s creatures as curious observers; birds and seagulls strolling alongside them on the sands or serenading them in the heavens. Skies so azure during the day when they’d swim or snorkel in the ocean, afterwards drying off on towels beneath large umbrellas (though he’d have to be layered with almost a thick coating of his skin protectant).

They talk for hours or sometimes say nothing at all; discovering each other all over again.

And at night when the stars come out to shine like tiny diamonds in the sky, they’d lie cuddled in each other’s arms and attempt to count each one much to their gigglish delight as they could never make it quite that far. Tender kisses. Shy kisses. Exploratory kisses. Loving kisses. Touches that make them shiver with desire...a growing passion that explodes with a release that leaves them boneless and weak with satiation for the other.

And on that final night, of their umpteenth honeymoon, as she lays naked in his arms, she finally whispers against his lips; those words he has so longed to hear for all these years. Silently...the tears fill his eyes and roll down his cheeks as he tries so hard to contain his joy – his heart full to bursting point - for words cannot express them adequately enough; this deep frenzied feeling of love, gratitude and adoration inside. So he lets his eyes do all the talking. He lets his hands do all the talking. He lets his kiss...oh his sweet sweet kiss - say all that he could never say out loud, and as his large hand slowly caresses her naked flesh in helpless worship, it finally comes to rest against the gentle mound of her stomach where a new life has finally begun.

__

Love...


Our Greatest Gift
Elizabeth Katherine Jackson
August 15th, 2005 at 6:30pm
Michael, Stephanie, David and Prince Jackson

__

Always...


[December 2007] EBONY (Special Collectors Edition)
MICHAEL
25 YEARS AFTER THRILLER
Exclusive: The King of Pop Talks God, Creativity, Marriage, Fatherhood and Music
104 million copies of historic album later, how the world & the artist must have changed


[Snippets]

Sitting on the sofa next to Michael Jackson, you quickly look past the enigmatic icon’s light, almost translucent skin and realize that this African-American legend is more than just skin deep. More than an entertainer, more than a singer or dancer, the grown-up husband and
father of three reveals a confident, controlled and mature man who has a lot of creativity left inside of him...

Here is Michael Jackson, in his own words...

...

Q: When you were interviewed back in your days of Thriller, you mentioned that the concept of getting married involved your work and craft, but here you are...nearly thirteen years later and you’re still very much married to the same woman with three children to show for it. How has your life changed because of your decision to become a husband and father?
M: [laughs] You need look no more than my little princess here...[He motions for the nanny, who places two-year old Elizabeth, who is wearing a lovely pink dress, in her father’s arms. With shoulder-length curly brown hair, adorned with pink and white flowers, and features that are nothing short of angelic, she could pass for a miniature replica of her mother except for her eyes being as brown and large as her father’s. For a moment, Michael fusses over her dress and giggles as she tries to play with the silver brooch on his jacket. He bounces her gently on his knee and gives her an Eskimo kiss which gets her giggling and rushing into a torrent of unintelligible words.]
M: Oooh, she’s a talker...like her mom. [laughs] She can at least call her brothers names now, but everything else...it’s like trying to decipher Greek. Isn’t that right, Princess? [He tickles her glowing pink cheek gently and after a few more minutes of play between father and daughter, Little Elizabeth becomes weary and rests her body against her father’s chest though her eyes are still bright with curiosity at all the equipment and people in their living room]
Q: Daddy’s little girl?
M: Indeed. [smiles proudly] But back to your question about the effect of marriage in my life, in simple terms, it has been a blessing in more ways than one. Being in love with one woman and devoting my life to her – though it had its moments – has been one of the most rewarding things.
Q: Even better than getting awards?
M: Awards and accolades – though very much appreciated – pale in comparison. Stephanie has taught me so much about who I am as a person, as a husband, and as a father. And despite the years, it seems there’s always something to find within her every single day that makes me fall in love with her all over again. Even if it’s something as simple as seeing a smile on my children’s faces.
Q: You seem to have it all now. Winning Oscars, Golden Globes, Grammys, Emmys... Is there anything left to accomplish?
M: There is always something to accomplish. Sitting still and letting the world pass you by is not always the answer. Sometimes you’ve just got to move with the times and do something to make a difference; whether it’s in your life or in the lives of others. With the re-release of Thriller and my new album – Encore – coming out next year, I will focus more on my film production company and working with more directors to create full-length feature movies, not just documentaries. I am already in talks with Martin Scorsese about the book The Invention of Hugo Cabret. Have you read that?
Q: No. Can’t say I have.
M: It’s a magical book that was released earlier this year by Brian Selznick – who I think is a brilliant writer. My boys have come to love the novel, and I would really like to see that on the big screen someday...in 3D if possible. I think it’s something children will enjoy and even adults.
Q: Speaking of Encore...why did you name your new album that? It almost seems like you’re saying farewell to the fans.
M: I cannot say for sure if it will be my final album, but for now, it has been created to be that way. I want to create an album where every song will be an ode of gratitude to my fans. It will be a big ‘thank you’ for following me for almost 40 years and for bringing me this far in my career. I would not be who I am without them, so I must deliver an album that they can listen to long after I am no longer a part of this earth. Encore will be my final musical gift to show just how much I love and appreciate them.
Q: And then what is next for Michael Jackson?
M: Being a husband and father to the fullest. [laughs] For once, I’d like to be a stay-at-home Dad and to watch my children, especially Elizabeth grow. I want to be there every single moment and not miss a thing. I want Stephanie to open the door and to see me waiting for her with open arms and burnt dinner [laughs], and I want my boys to come home from school and know that their father will always be there for them no matter what. Those – I think – are the greatest moments to me and I want to enjoy that...really enjoy that this time around. [He pauses for a long moment and kisses his daughter’s forehead gently as if in thought]
To be honest...after all this time...after all I’ve ever done...I think I deserve the break, don’t you?
Q: If anyone does Michael, it’s definitely you.
M: [a wistful smile] Thank you. Thank you so much for understanding. I really appreciate that from the bottom of my heart.


Fact Files:
- Hearts of Africa won the 2005 Golden Globe for Best Original Song – Motion Picture (“Hearts of Africa” – music & lyrics by Michael Jackson, Stephanie Jackson and David Hodges)
- Hearts of Africa won the 2005 Academy Award (Oscar) for Best Documentary Feature and Best Original Song.
- In addition to the Michael Jackson Children’s Hospital in Tokyo, another hospital was opened in Bucharest, Romania in 2008.
- To date, ten clinics and education centers have been established in the African cities of Soweto, Burkina Faso, Nakuru, Dioulasso, and Tenkodogo.
- In collaboration with Bill & Melinda Gates, an initiative to improve education and eliminate poverty in the United States was kicked off last year.
- Encore goes on to become the #1 most downloaded album on iTunes to date, sells over 30 million copies worldwide and spurs talks of a tour, which Michael is yet to agree to.
- And yes, despite him saying he was done with ‘music’, Michael is currently working with classical composers – Roxanna Panufnik, Michael Nyman, and Yo-Yo Ma - on an album of original classical tunes which is set for release sometime in late 2010.
- Christina Latrell has become the darling of the Disney Channel with her own hit show called ‘Christina!’, a hit record album, and has become an idol to many teenage girls all across the world. She plans to launch a fashion line in the next year.
- And though they claim they are not a couple – sixteen year old David Jackson did show up to the 2009 Teen Choice Awards as Christina’s date for the night. He plans to attend his mother’s alma mater once he graduates from high school.
- Prince Jackson’s foray into the arts has earned him recognition for his unique style and creativity, and he hopes to begin shooting movies just like his father soon.
- Elizabeth Jackson – still in elementary school – already shows signs of becoming the next greatest actress of her generation. [She does drive Daddy nuts with her persistent need for him to keep rehearsing with her aaaaaall the time]
- Stephanie Jackson still runs her private practice and enjoys her role as ‘Mommy’ the most, but every now and then...when all seems still and in the quiet of evenings, one can see her make a trip to that lonesome gravestone beneath the large oak tree, where she sits for a few hours to share the story of her life to a boy who once meant the world to her.




The End



© Copyright 2021 iKïyå§ama (UN: satet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iKïyå§ama has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015512