*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015683-Error-Prone
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1015683 added August 16, 2021 at 12:03am
Restrictions: None
Error Prone
Today's thing is mostly a collection of images, and since I can't be arsed to retype things, I won't have much commentary.



I know I'm not immune to making errors, and I suspect that no one else is, either. If you think you are, then that in itself is an error, which leads to paradox.

No one was born perfect when it comes to language. We say one thing when we mean entirely another. We mix up words, add endings, and pretend it’s all fine. Well, not quite.

However, sometimes the line between "wrong" and "neologism" can be blurry. Especially with things like slang. Like, a while back, people started using the word "sick" to describe something that's awesome. As in, "Sick tats, bro." Presumably the tattoos in question aren't ill; the word was adopted for its sound, and even us old folks could figure out what it meant.

But some things are wrong and will always be wrong, like using it's for its, or saying "literally" when all you want to do is add emphasis.

So this time, we’re gonna look at the most common mistakes we make when using these phrases, and hopefully, learn something that would have made our English teachers proud.

Snort. Some English teachers make these mistakes, too.

Anyway, there's 30 of them, and they're in short-attention-span meme format, so it wouldn't take long to go through them all. Which is why I'm not going to laboriously type any of them into here. That would literally be a waste of my time.

Instead, I'll let you go look at that if you like, but first, something I've been putting off because I was doing the MB contest and I didn't want to throw too much extra into blog entries.

*Film* *Film* *Film*


One-Sentence Movie Review: Free Guy

Free Guy is a nonstop action comedy movie full of enough reference jokes to appeal to hardcore and casual gamers as well as other entertainment fans; the CGI is as lush and striking as you could possibly expect, and the writing and acting are right on target, and it even manages to dance around some interesting philosophical concepts -- it's no spoiler to reveal that this movie features a video game NPC gaining sentience and trying to save his world (it was in all the previews), but in the end, the most unrealistic bit in the movie is the romantic subplot.

Rating: 4/5

© Copyright 2021 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015683-Error-Prone