*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015991-Maybe-this-is-just-me-but-real-life-is-happening-out-there
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2226993
Just my opinions and outlook on life
#1015991 added August 22, 2021 at 5:15pm
Restrictions: None
Maybe this is just me, but real life is happening out there

Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't make suggestions since I don't judge contests or create them. I would be a judge if asked. I love WDC and all the people I know here. I realize that most of my poetry and short stories tend to be about real life, some are from experiences I had as an RN, mom, daughter, lover, addict. I have written a couple of kids stories which was fun. I feel like I do branch out; a woman that has a multiple personality, a homeless woman, a woman that runs a needle exchange center, a journalist that gets into serious trouble, an african american-cajun woman that can see crimes as they happened in LA in the 1960's. I have written as a child, a man several times, all different ages of both genders and gay/lesbian. I just haven't written a lot of fantasy and sci/fi or horror stories. That is mainly what I see when I look at prompts for contests. Is that what everyone is interested in?

Is there a big problem with writing about reality based news? There really is an addiction problem out there and we don't even have a category for that. The refugee crisis is huge and I would love to know how people feel about refugees coming here? How should they be treated? How about Covid and how people feel about vaccines and treatment? Should our kids be masked in school? I am vaccinated and wear a mask inside everywhere but had my grandson and kids come by last Sunday for dinner, they are vaccinated ( grandson is 15) Didn't think about the big hug and kiss I gave him. Next day I hear he is Covid+. Now all of us are sick with mostly mild cold symptoms and quarantining for 2 weeks. I know many people that will not get vaccinated. How do you all feel about that? Should it be mandated?

How about the police problems? They are taking early retirement or quitting. Anyone think of solutions that might help out?
I have a feeling we are headed for big problems with the upcoming elections. How do you feel about mail-in voting? Did you believe the results of the last election? Do you trust in our institutions and why or why not? Do you think the taking down of confederate statues was a good decision? One other thing, how do you all feel about Jan. 6? Afghanistan?

Can we talk about women's rights and should abortion be kept legal? How about our prison system? Maybe people should make restitution to the person they have done wrong instead of tax dollars going to keeping them in jail dorms? Shout marijuana be legalized for the entire country?

There really is a huge gap in equality of income? What about the climate crisis? What can we do to help make our planet better?

That is enough. I know that we can write about anything that we want as long as we rate it correctly. I guess I am trying to challenge people to think critically about the real world. I know that I made mistakes that my children will pay for. I hope my grandchildren are smarter than me, I have seen that they aren't as prejudiced and that is wonderful. Do they need to go to college and should the government pay for it?

Everyone have a good night! Keep writing and hope I stirred up some brains. There are brilliant and experienced people here and I want to carry on a conversation through stories and prompts.

Peace to all.


Burdens are the foundations of ease
and bitter things the forerunners of pleasure.
-JELALLUDDIN RUMI
** Image ID #1827756 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2021 Redtowrite (UN: kat47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Redtowrite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015991-Maybe-this-is-just-me-but-real-life-is-happening-out-there