*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016309-Run-It-BackThoughts-On-Covid
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1300042
All that remains: here in my afterlife as a 'mainstream' blogger, with what little I know.
#1016309 added August 29, 2021 at 11:53am
Restrictions: None
Run It Back...Thoughts On Covid
Somedays, I have to run my thoughts by my wife on something I know she understands better than me, but launched at the opportunity to respond to Angela's blog today, as she attuned to these matters surrounding the decision to vaccinate against Covid, after an Uber driver dosed her with their own, unsolicited, opinion:

"You are not that special

My response:

You're too nice to the Uber driver. You are entitled to that space between your ears so you can get prepared for your day. I'm too nice, too. I would let them go on. Regardless, the Uber driver's task is only to drive.

Your testimony is worthy and much needed. What you outline are reasons the unvaccinated use, even when they don't fall into those categories, because they feed into that larger narrative. It has affected my brother-in-law, a retired state trooper and his RN wife, who would rather quit her 100k a year job than take the vaccine by the October mandate deadline. Both are healthy, athletic, non-smokers and Trumpers. They buy into the election rhetoric and more, moving to the country to prepare for something worse, in Michigan. I have very little clue what happened to the them. Extremists at this point.

I think if we can all step back, acknowledge FDA approval is a mandate for the (one) vaccine, and urge people to get us to herd immunity, those who dosed will not have done so in vain.

And, we do have to respect those who cannot take the drug for reasons you've outlined. This just shows how little due diligence people have done before deciding for or against vax. It shows we buy into the spin and the emotions of something that was highly charged politically and put the fabric of our country/world at jeopardy.

If I were to buy into a motive the division caused by politics surrounding Covid, it's a need to dumb down a world that's getting too smart, and to thin out the herd as were prepare for overpopulation. Seems selectivism (is that not a word?) would be the advantage for all of this. But, that's beside the point.

Keep testifying and maybe run this back to the next Uber driver, if for no other reason, social experiment to see if people can consume information objectively, and respectfully. What we all need a little more of.

Thank You!


As yet, haven't shared with the wife who is plugged in to a podcast, mid-living-room-paint-job, right now. When she needs to decompress. I hope I got it right.


"Life’s Little Misdirections 🥀🦋

© Copyright 2021 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016309-Run-It-BackThoughts-On-Covid