*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016806-Another-Quarantine-Please
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1016806 added September 5, 2021 at 7:12am
Restrictions: None
Another Quarantine, Please!
The Original Logo.


PROMPT September 5th

What is the best thing to come out of staying at home?

Well, it's too peopley out there of course! Lol

I can personally think of several benefits of staying at home. Of course, I like being at home. I don't like to run around all the time like some people do. This could seriously get me started. Lol

It is funny you should ask this question. I could seriously use another quarantine right now. I am not even kidding about that. I know you should be careful what you wish for, but for me it is getting a break from the outside world. It is a great excuse to shut the world out for awhile. It keeps friends, family, and neighbors from coming in past the front door, people who would otherwise be constantly needing something from me. It can get exhausting. Maybe I need to learn to say “no” more often.

I know that might sound a bit rude, but sometimes I feel like I can seriously use the break. It is an opportunity to get caught up on house cleaning. I can just focus on my roommate and myself without all the external distractions. It is time to reflect and write and pray and read, things I enjoy doing. It is quiet. It is not having to run several errands outside the home. It is letting someone else worry about delivering food, mail, and other items to our door.

I honestly enjoyed quarantine last year. I was ready for it to end when it did because I was getting a little stir crazy. But on the other hand, it was a break from the rest of the world. I am very independent, and I don't like relying on other people to do my shopping. Lol I think that is what was the hardest part of it for me.

I have an elderly neighbor that drives me crazy at times. I try to help her, but sometimes it feels like she takes advantage of my kindness. She would probably be the one fussing over us, getting the mail, etc... However, lately she has been at a fall risk. I would hate to not help her and then she fall and injure herself. I could seriously use a break though. I love her, but it is getting to be more than I want to deal with, overwhelming at times. I get that she is lonely and doesn't want her family to put her in a nursing home. I get it. But I already have my hands full with my roommate and my own health issues. I don't want to have to tell her daughter on her, but I may have to do so. I am frustrated.

It would shut out my roommate’s brother. I won't get into the benefits of that because I don't have a lot of good to say about that. That's something you really don't want to get me started on.

Yes, can I have another quarantine, please?

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016806-Another-Quarantine-Please