*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016976-Food-Industry
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1016976 added September 7, 2021 at 5:01pm
Restrictions: None
Food Industry
The Original Logo.

PROMPT September 7th

You have been chosen to speak at a Zoom conference concerning your chosen field. Over 500 people will attend. Each of them is new to your field and are waiting to hear words of advice from you about this field. What will you say to them to them concerning things you wish you’d known about the industry when you were getting started?

This is a tough prompt for me. Talking to people on zoom, I wouldn't have a problem with. However, I have spent most of my time working different jobs. I have done fast food, dietary aide, telemarketing, nurse aide, home health aide, retail sales, pharmacy tech, cashier, inbound telecommunications, and customer service. I would need to know what subject I would speak on. Giving a lecture on customer service is possible I suppose, but I really don't want to do that. I could talk about the food industry, that's at least more interesting to me. What I would probably rather talk about would be religious beliefs or why I think young people need to go to college or at least make some kind of plan to save money and follow through. I may just write about that because it is something I am finding myself more and more passionate about. If I write about the fast food industry, I am afraid that may not be as interesting. I might tell them to rethink their situation.

Hello,

Everyone is here today because you think you might be interested in making a career out of the food industry. I will tell you the truth, this is a rough industry to work in. Kitchens are hot. Kitchens are where most food is prepared to eat.

You are surrounded by food in the food industry. Therefore, it can be challenging to maintain a healthy diet. If you don't maintain a healthy diet, you will certainly regret it later in life.

The pay in the food industry is not the greatest. The money is found in specialized positions and management. It can be high demand for little pay.

You won’t just be cooking and preparing food. There will need to be dishes washed, floors swept and mopped, and equipment cleaned. You will likely be involved in the maintenance of the cleanliness of the facility you work in.

Working in the food industry, you will need to know food safety and food handling techniques. You will need to prepare for and pass inspections.

You will need to know how to deal with complaints from customers, patrons, client's, or residents. You also have to know how to work and get along with your fellow employees. At any time, you may have to be prepared to deal with someone’s sour attitude while keeping your own in check.

Food industry work can be enjoyable too. Some of us enjoy cooking, working around food, and pleasing the people we are serving the food to. Just know there are other less satisfying aspects of this career. I don't recommend it, but if that's what you want to do, then do it to the best of your ability. Don't take out your frustrations on the people and other employees around you. Know when it is time to walk away and cool off.

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016976-Food-Industry