*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017023-Letting-Go-of-the-Negative
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1017023 added September 8, 2021 at 10:34am
Restrictions: None
Letting Go of the Negative
The Original Logo.

PROMPT September 8th

A practice I can begin to help me let go of negative emotions and return to a state of peace is…

Stop answering job/career related prompts. Lol

Just kidding. A sense of humor definitely helps. 🤷‍♀️

The first thing I do is pray. Sometimes that is all you have time to do in some stressful situations. If nothing else, I call out the name of Jesus or simply call out, “ “Lord!” One word prayers are sometimes all you need.

I try to think of Scripture that matches my situation. I remind myself God is in control and works all things out for my good. I remind myself of Bible promises and who my God is.

I am currently trying to learn to put on the garments of praise for the spirit of Heaviness. In other words, when I feel those negative emotions, I begin giving praise to God.

You know what that does? It changes my focus. It takes my focus off of the problem and puts it on the one who has all the answers. It takes my focus off of self and places it onto who God is and what he is capable of doing. It takes my focus off of the negative and places it on the positive. It activates the faith in me.

Sometimes listening to music can help especially when doing housework. I like to listen to worship and praise music, country gospel, church hymns, and such. Occasionally, I enjoy country music or 80’s music. There is nothing like the 80s music. Lol That just shows the generation I grew up with, and reveals my age. 😀

Sometimes I like to just take a moment to just breathe, just be. I will step outside if I can, take a few deep clensing breaths, listen to the sounds, feel the sun and breeze on my skin, take in the sights around me, look at the sky, and appreciate all God has given us and the beauty of it all. Sometimes I will do this while looking out a window or in my bedroom in private.


© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017023-Letting-Go-of-the-Negative