*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017087-Health-consciousness
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1017087 added September 9, 2021 at 8:15pm
Restrictions: None
Health consciousness
The Original Logo.

PROMPT September 9th

Everyone seems to be pretty health conscious in today's world. What health tips have worked for you. If you can't think of any, or are like me and haven't pursued any, what would you like to do to improve your health?

I am currently working on developing a support group of sorts here on WDC. I am working on a fun way to support each other and develop a reward system for obtaining certain goals. We can lose weight together, share tips and recipes, and encourage and support one another.

I am making a diet plan and an exercise plan. I am making it very detailed. I intend to journal here daily and be very real.

39% of the world's population is overweight. 13% of the world's population is obese. These numbers seem to be increasing. The weight loss industry is over a billion dollar industry. The food industry makes even more. I think this tells us something. With so many fad diets out there, sometimes it is hard to know how to help yourself. Plus, our society seems built around food. It's everywhere.

I intend to try to fix the bad habits that got me obese to begin with. I am fixing to dig deep and confront myself even where it hurts. I don't want to just lose weight. I want to keep it off. I want to stop overeating and learn moderation. I also want to have fun doing it. I want to learn how to take care of my body (the temple of the Holy Spirit) in a way the brings glory to God, and I want to help other people do the same.

Other people are where I am at too. We have to be able to balance real life with the food we eat and the things we drink. I know other Christians want to be able to realistically apply their faith to their daily lives too. It is not just about losing weight. It is about being a better me. It is about self-discovery and discipline. It is about faith in God and how he works in our lives. It is about finding motivation and being in better health.

Check out my new forum!
 
FORUM
Learning to Develop Healthier Habits  (E)
A place to share and discuss personal goals, set-backs, challenges, and discoveries.
#2258065 by Marvelous Friend


© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017087-Health-consciousness