*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017603-Whos-Procrastinating
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1017603 added September 17, 2021 at 9:37am
Restrictions: None
Who's Procrastinating?

The Original Logo.

PROMPT September 17th

Do you procrastinate? We all do to one extent or another.
What doubts or excuses could you let go of to help you become more consistent and minimize procrastination?

Procrastinate? Who me? Lol

Yes, we all do it at one time or another. I was bad about doing it in school. I did a lot of last minute assignments and studying for tests. Fortunately, I was intelligent enough to get a passing grade. However, I could have definitely done better. I have learned from these past experiences too.

I could tell of how I would procrastinate to clean my room or do dishes. When I was a child, I wanted to play. I didn't want to clean. Wow! I was normal. Lol

Oh yeah, I tried the shove everything in the closet and under the bed technique. Yeah, I ended up having to clean the closet and under the bed too while mom stood over me with a paddle. I didn't do that again.

Or there is the time mom kept telling me to clean my room and I kept putting it off. Then one day she didn't say anything. She went to the kitchen and got the big trash can to take to my room. Next thing I knew she started throwing everything in the floor in the trash. Needless to say, I was ready to clean my room right then.

Anyway, as I got older, I realized how much time and happiness I was wasting dreading to do things. I learned that if I do it immediately, I don't have to dread it anymore. Also the quicker I do it, the quicker it is done and over with. I also love the feeling of accomplishment.

There are some times now that I really have to prioritize. So I may procrastinate doing laundry in order to get all the dishes clean. Or I may not clean in my own house to conserve energy to do something for my neighbor. My energy is limited right now. So I constantly have to make those kinds of decisions lately. I would rather just run around like a superwoman and get it all done right now so I don't have to worry about it anymore. However, that isn't likely to happen now because I think my superwoman days may be over. I have to pace myself.

I am trying to figure out how I can develop a system or routine to make this easier on myself. In my head, I am thinking, I am going to do this, this, and this. Then by the time I do part of the first this, I am hurting and spent. This is why sometimes I struggle with setting goals. I have a feeling I am about to have to fight hard and work hard to regain my health. This is all a process and takes time and patience.

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017603-Whos-Procrastinating