*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018824-Blogging-entry-for-Oct-6-2021-Prompt-about-Security
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2226993
Just my opinions and outlook on life
#1018824 added October 6, 2021 at 1:00pm
Restrictions: None
Blogging entry for Oct. 6, 2021 Prompt about Security
Prompt: "Only in growth, reform, and change, paradoxically enough, is true security to be found." Ann Morrow Lindbergh
What do you think?



I am watching an active shooter situation at a high school in Arlington, Texas. The question of security is certainly one to be asked. I thought all high schools had metal detectors to detect weapons. This is a sad reoccurring situation in the United States that no one seems to know how to stop.

These kids have enough to worry about with Covid plus they still go through active shooter drills. I look back at when my children went to school in the 1980’s and 1990’s and they didn’t have anything like this happening. Their children are having to face these tragedies. My kids knew of kids that overdosed on drugs, which was the problem then and still is.

The quote from Anne Morrow Lindbergh is certainly the truth and she would know since her own baby was kidnapped , there was a ransom note but the child was found murdered. Security would have to be a number one concern for her always since she and her husband made aviation history, risking their lives at a time when aviation wasn’t as safe. They also became very political, joining an Isolationist group that spoke highly of Adolph Hitler so they were controversial.

I think that growth, reform and change is always needed for a feeling of security. Diplomacy is a key to that though because you can isolate yourself behind walls, have lots of money and armed guards and true security can’t be always be found. What kind of life is that?

True security is found in the people around you that you can trust, the place you call home and your own emotional well being. I feel like I have had that most of my life and I have been fortunate.

As far as how I began this, there were children shot and a teacher. An 18 year old is on the loose that caused this shooting. Change and reform are badly needed as far as guns go and treatment for mental health.

© Copyright 2021 Redtowrite (UN: kat47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Redtowrite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018824-Blogging-entry-for-Oct-6-2021-Prompt-about-Security