*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018914-Trivial-Pursuit
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1018914 added October 8, 2021 at 12:01am
Restrictions: None
Trivial Pursuit
Okay, this makes three Cracked links in a row by my count. Whatever. Some people say they read this blog to learn stuff. Well - here's a lot of stuff to learn. Hell, I didn't know most of it.



I gotta take issue with the title, though. Knowledge isn't the same thing as smarts. If it were, the internet would be the smartest thing ever, and... well. No. It's not memorizing trivia that makes you smart; it's being able to draw conclusions from it.

Today, I wrote not one but two poems, so I'm about written out. So I'm mostly just going to leave the link here for your (and my future) reference. See, being smart, I know when to shut up and let other people do the taking.

Sometimes.

From the walkmans in Guardians of the Galaxy to Jim Henson's coffee-fueled pre-Muppets career, here are 60 fun facts and random trivia tidbits that will inevitably make you the smartest person in the room.

So that's where I read the thing about the Guardians walkmen. Walkmans. Whatever. From a previous entry.

Just a word of warning, though: I didn't verify any of these. Don't take any of them as The Truth without backing it up from somewhere.

Also, a comment on just one of them:

15. The longest, non-technical word in the English Language has 45 letters.

Beating Disney’s “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” by 11 letters, pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, is a 45-letter word for “a pneumoconiosis caused by inhalation of very fine silicate or quartz dust,” according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary.


That's a technical word, dammit.

I'm about burned out, but if you decide to look at the list and have any comments, feel free to post. Not doing a mini-contest today (though I will do one soon), but I'm perfectly happy to respond to your comments later. Found an error? Dispute an interpretation (as with the technical word above)? Let's hear it.

© Copyright 2021 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018914-Trivial-Pursuit