*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018939-Blogging-entry-for-October-8-2021
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2226993
Just my opinions and outlook on life
#1018939 added October 8, 2021 at 9:09am
Restrictions: None
Blogging entry for October 8, 2021
“Law enforcement exists to ensure the safety of the public, but if the public are primitive enough to think that all they need to ensure their safety is a personal firearm, then we better destroy all things civilized and head back to the jungle, because a society where anybody can own a gun is not a society, but a jungle anyways.”
― Abhijit Naskar,

Your thoughts? Agree or Disagree

Law enforcement should be much more about community involvement and less about the guns. Cops need to be a part of the community outreach to teach citizens better ways to handle situations before kids get into trouble. They need help, more money and other personnel. 911 operators get calls about all kinds of situations. I don’t know how much training they have but it can’t possibly be enough for what they have to handle. Why can’t drug addiction specialists, mental health specialists do ride alongs and see how they can assist police? What happened to tranquilizer guns instead of bullets that tear a body apart inside? Can’t you shoot someone in the leg, arm, etc instead of deadly force? Many cops come from the military. That is great but they have been taught to shoot to kill so is it a reflex that kicks in or is that taught in police academy?

I just saw this morning that the program “Cops” is being brought back to TV on Fox News nation. I know most of the TV programs (Law and Order, Blue Bloods)about police make it look like they can take each case personally and make it a crusade. That was never possible because most departments are too busy but at least it was something to shoot for. “Cops” made mostly minority kids look like a bunch of wild criminals that the police had to shoot down.

Right now in the US we have more firearms than people. If a person is going to open carry a firearm and they get into a domestic argument, isn’t it easier to reach for that gun then use your words, get help or walk out the door and calm down? Most homicide victims are known to their killers. We are asking for violence when people think firearms can solve our problems. How about taking a course in martial arts? Then you actually learn techniques to discipline yourself but also to harm an enemy without deadly force if you have to. I am not saying gun owners that have valid licenses and have learned gun safety can’t get a personal gun but it needs to be in a safe place in your home with a safety lock. If you are a hunter, fine, but you don’t need an assault weapon to go after Bambi.

We need community police departments that are trained very well for all situations or yes, it could easily become a jungle. Seems like it already is.



© Copyright 2021 Redtowrite (UN: kat47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Redtowrite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018939-Blogging-entry-for-October-8-2021