*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020314-Boggling-Entry-for-1028--Myself-at-80
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2226993
Just my opinions and outlook on life
#1020314 added October 28, 2021 at 12:38pm
Restrictions: None
Boggling Entry for 10/28 -Myself at 80
What would you say to your 80 year old self about all the things you've witnessed in life? Would you discuss what you've missed out and regretted or would you congratulate yourself on all the things you've accomplished?

I will be 80 in just twelve years. Recently I have been going through photos and memorabilia from my life so this is something I have been reflecting on. I am fortunate to have lived during a time when incredible progress has been made in technology, medicine and acceptance of different cultures. Personally I have had a wonderful life with a happy childhood. You always hear there is a reason for everything that happens and that is very true. I married very young, too young at eighteen. I was in love and my husband was almost 10 years older. We had a son quickly and I have wonderful memories of being a young mother. I decided to go back to school while he was a toddler and completed college. Life was very busy for so many years with a second son, a full time job working as an RN in a large hospital, building a home we designed. After twenty years of marriage we sadly separated. That was the most difficult time for myself and my children , who were 14 and 19. I eventually remarried a man with 2 sons and we have been together for 30 years now. I love his family and all of our boys have happy successful lives. I am so proud of all of them. We have 6 lovely grandchildren.

Retirement for me came early due to a neurological disorder I acquired at age 30. I stuck it out with my job for 12 more years but eventually left nursing. Working had become more stressful each year with a shortage of RNs and management changes. I became very involved in volunteer work for a non-profit organization for Dystonia. I have enjoyed that as much as my nursing career, being able to travel and speak all over the US to others suffering with this painful crippling disorder. It is fulfilling to help others and I believe that is what having a full life is all about. I have my regrets about some decisions I have made but if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t change much. I feel very blessed and am thankful for all the opportunities I have had. I am grateful to have a loving family, a nice home and satisfying life.Life for me has truly been a circle of love.

© Copyright 2021 Redtowrite (UN: kat47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Redtowrite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020314-Boggling-Entry-for-1028--Myself-at-80