*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020382-Plot-Premise-Revision
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #2259320
After years of ministry in South America, Azul returns home for her last days.
#1020382 added October 29, 2021 at 2:12pm
Restrictions: None
Plot: Premise Revision
1. Setting: Western Hemisphere of Earth. It starts in Paraguay, South America, going through Texas to its goal of small town America in Georgia, USA.

2. Protagonist: Azul Cara Pequeña Corazon Finalmente Goza (or Azul Goza, aka "Blue Joy," for short)
2a. Flaws: Azul is duplicitous, trying to be happy to hide her strong sadness.
Azul consistently fights depression. Sometimes she is successful. Sometimes not.
Azul often gets her feelings hurt. Few ever know this.
Azul wants friends, but doesn't know how to make friends, easily.
Azul is bipolar, which means she can be over-the-moon happy or pile of mud depressed, but there is very little in-between.
Azul is filled with defense mechanism because she was verbally abused as a child.

2b. Strengths:
Azul is a faithful friend. She is loyal to the end of her strength.
Azul is focused. She can sit and watch her favorite bird, the cardinal, for hours.
Azul has the ability to create peace wherever she goes because she grew up with strife.

2c. Goals:
Azul wants to stay out of trouble.
Azul wants to live in a peaceful home.
Azul wants to serve the Lord, but doesn't really know how, since He's not popular among many humans, and avoidance of strife is her driving principle of life. She hopes, that the way she lives will point others to the Lord, but she's not sure, that fulfills His desire for her life. Therefore, she lives with the daily fear, that she will face His disapproval when she meets Him face-to-face. ("What to do? What to do?")

3. Conflicts: The death of Fuerza really disturbed the peace of Azul. The pettiness of so-called friends in Paraguay unfeathered her nest to the point, that she was ready to return to her childhood home in The States. "Anything has to be better than this." Azul tries to become a wallflower or a social ghost during the trip home, but the Lord keeps disturbing her peace with individuals, who need her unique forms of ministry, based on her life experiences, difficulties, abuses as well as joys.

4. Antagonists:
Hermana Boca Larga (aka Sister Big Mouth, nicknamed "B.L." or "Bill" for short): She creates the distress, that starts Azul on her journey back to her childhood home. Thank the Lord she doesn't leave Paraguay, but her other antagonist, Oscar, never let's Azul forget Bill's words.

Oscuro Personal (aka Personal Obscurity, Nickname = "Oscar"): Oscar is the "thorn in Azul's side." (II Cor. 12:7-10) Every time Azul succeeded Oscar tries to poke her with "but what will happen next." Every time she has a set back, Oscar rubs it in. "See? I told you, that you were nothing but a pile of trash."

5. Resolution: In the end Sol Verdad reveals, that He is Jesus, the Christ of Nazareth, and He shows Azul, that Oscar is none other than one of Satan's generals, who works directly with the dark lord. Sol delivers Azul from Oscar as He prepares to lower her into the crystal, clear pool, where she will be cleansed from all of the dirt of this Terran road, and transported into His eternal Presence to enjoy His Glory forever. Just as her head is submerged for that final birth into everlasting life, Sol shows her all the good, that she has done in life, including all of the changed lives, who will outlive her on Earth.

6. Theme: Life is a series of tasks done out of obedience to God if it to be lived successfully. The ability to see the success of a live well-lived, while we are in this life is often limited. Trusting Jesus = Truth. We don't need to see our success in life, if we trust Jesus to have our best interest at heart as well as His best Glory in mind.

7. Outline: I. Paraguay - Wrapping up Ministry
II. Texas - Remembering How Ministry Started
III. Georgia - Remembering How Life Started
IV. Epilogue - Beginning True Life with Jesus Forever


by Jay O’Toole
on October 29th, 2021


Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2021 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020382-Plot-Premise-Revision