*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020538-Blessed-to-keep-the-commandments
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1020538 added November 1, 2021 at 12:16pm
Restrictions: None
Blessed to keep the commandments
picture for forum

Prompt
What are some of the ways keeping the 10 commandments brings blessings into people’s lives?

I have been reading through the first 5 books of the old testament. The thing that stands out to me the most is the phrase after the Israelites are instructed to keep God's commandments. It is often repeated, “that it may be well with there and they children after thee” It is stated the commandments were given to Isreal for their own good. They were given as a witness to other nations that God is the one true God, that the other nations may fear them because there is no God like theirs. God wrote them by his own hand in stone so that the world could know it is possible to have a relationship with God and live. And notice these are the only commands literally written in stone and they still are on stone monuments even to this day. God rescued them from Egypt, led them through the wilderness, had them conquer and possess a land of giants for their inheritance because he loved them. God desires a personal intimate relationship with us. Look at the lengths he will go to do so. He is so good. He made a covenant with is real based on these 10 commandments. Compare all he promised to the 10 commandments that he demanded to be obeyed. Is there really a comparison? You follow these 10 rules, and I with bless you so much you will hardly know what to do with it all. However, you disobey and I will be your enemy. It was that simple.

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020538-Blessed-to-keep-the-commandments