*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020558-30-Day-Blog-Challenge-Begins
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2232903
My blog, where I store those thoughts rattling around my brain
#1020558 added November 1, 2021 at 3:17pm
Restrictions: None
30 Day Blog Challenge Begins
PROMPT: We all have possessions of some type. Tell us five possessions you can’t live without, and why they are on this list.

You are all going to make fun of me, aren't you... (Sigh) Alright. Here goes nuthin'.

I cannot live without my Nintendo Switch. That's the first one that came to mind so it felt fitting that it should top this list. It makes me sound like a typical millennial, unable to function without his technological distractions but there's more to it than just killing time. This device is extremely portable and I make sure to bring wherever I go. I can't tell you how many people I meet while playing it. Often, I'll ask if they want to join in and pull out a spare set of controllers.

This is the ultimate party system, an icebreaker that allows people to link up and share in the fun with a huge assortment of titles. While I prefer to sink my teeth into single-player games, I always have a bunch of local co-op selections for any situation. There's fighting games, racing, shooters, etc. I know that I can find something for anyone to enjoy.

The second possession of mine is my coffeemaker. I need my bean juice to get the ol' cogs whirring in the morning, sipping on that black nectar as I try to form sentences on this blog post. This is something I'm sure most of you will have on your own lists.

Numero tres... Hmm....

My laptop ranks pretty high on there. Without it, I would be unable to write as smoothly and keep track of all my stories. Plus it allows me to connect to all of you on here. Do I NEED it? Not in the literal sense of the word. If that was the case, I would be putting my fridge and freezer on here. I have an emotional connection to this device. It's the portal where I can travel the world, the canvas on which I paint, the bane of my short attention span.

Are we on the fourth one already? Let's see, let's see. This is a bit obvious, but I kinda need my car. How else would I be able to get to work, to the store, to my friend's house? It's an old beast of a vehicle and I will have to upgrade in the coming months but it's very dear to me. Lots of great memories in that thing. Road trips, camping trips, weekend adventures with a full crew. You've served me well, ol' Blue. I look at your scratches and peeling paint with fondness, running fingers over the old stickers and other decorations I've given you over the years. I shall miss you when you're gone.

And last but not least... I can't live without my torture dungeon. You don't know the thrills of having victims locked in there until you've at least tried it.

In all seriousness, this will be the most underwhelming selection. My phone. I think everyone needs one, life is impossible to navigate otherwise. Unless you are a total hermit. Which wouldn't really be a bad thing, come to think of it. My phone seems to need me more than I need it, with all the constant push notifications and the don't miss out warnings from the junk apps I downloaded and will subsequently remove once they become annoying. If I could live without it, I would. But right now, we are attached at the hip.

So that's it. My five possessions I can't live without. Not very exciting, I know. But now you know a bit more about me than you realized!

© Copyright 2021 Ray Scrivener (UN: rig0rm0rtis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ray Scrivener has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020558-30-Day-Blog-Challenge-Begins