*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020801-Missing-Persons
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1020801 added November 4, 2021 at 12:07pm
Restrictions: None
Missing Persons
We've all heard of people who mysteriously 'go missing'. Tonight, write about a person who 'goes missing'. Someone that you read about in the newspaper or online, but nobody seems to know them, or remember them.


signature dancing owl


Deannie King; a reporter for Channel 8 news, Tampa, Florida, wrote an article for the news, which was published September 30, 2021. The differences between one missing persons case and another are brought into the publics eye. https://www.wfla.com/news/for-the-culture/missing-white-woman-syndrome-highlight...

Veronica Reyes-Diaz,24, a mother of three and a daughter was reported missing in January 2020. After 2 days of investigation the story and investigation were dropped.

King's story highlights a second woman who disappeared in September 2021. The FBI were called in. News media around the country published stories. An all out push by investigators and news media was held across the media for 3 weeks or more. Actual progress was reported in this case.

The article by King highlights the differences in the way investigators and news media handle the disappearance of white women and people of color.

Over the years, other articles, that pertain to children of color, who disappear, and how they are subject to the same color syndrome have been published.

Another article highlighting the color syndrome, was written by Shobini Iyer, Opinion Editor, October 4, 2021. The article was published in The Spartan Shield. https://spartanshield.org/29737/opinion/two-sides-to-every-story-the-missing-peo... Studies from the University of Wyoming and The National Crime Information Center are cited in the article from the Spartans shield.

These two articles cite instances when Black, Hispanic, and Indigenous missing persons cases are not treated with equal fervor across the USA. This is reporting about reporting but, nevertheless it highlights reasons for growing unrest within the country, by citizens.

Merit Badge in Every Moment Matters
[Click For More Info]

Happy 21 Birthday Site Week. Thanks for all you do. Love: Megan The snow from yesterday is gone. Yay!





© Copyright 2021 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1020801-Missing-Persons