*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021008-30-day-Blogging-Nov-6-2021
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2226993
Just my opinions and outlook on life
#1021008 added November 6, 2021 at 4:28pm
Restrictions: None
30 day Blogging-Nov 6, 2021
PROMPT November 6th

You work alone from home, logged on to your work PC.
One day you log on, and start your routine. You look at the clock on your desktop and eight hours have passed, but you have no memory of getting any tasks done. Tell us what might have happened to you during those eight hours.


Picking my head up off the desk, I realize I am drooling and my head is throbbing. A phone is ringing, the noise is deafening. I look up at the screen on my laptop and there is nothing on it. The time is four pm and I have a deadline of 6 to get in eight hours of work. There is a cup of cold coffee in front of me seemingly untouched.

Last night comes back in hazy memories. Jim’s band was going to play at a friends’s party and he begged me to go. I was already exhausted but agreed to meet him there. I remember this huge stately older home off the main road. There were about ten cars. The bass was loud as I walked up the crumbling walkway and the door was partially open. I walked in and remember someone handing me a mixed drink. There were a couple of people I had met before so that helped me feel more at ease. The band was playing “Cover Me”, a Springteen knock off. They sounded good. It was so hot and I drank this sweet fruity mixture too fast.

I don’t believe I had ate anything. I know it had been a hectic day. I looked around for some food. Nothing. I asked someone where the kitchen is. This guy just points down a hall . The lights were dim and I had to push by people. Where did they all come from? Suddenly I realized I needed to find a bathroom fast.

I finally find the bathroom and lock the door. My head is swimming, lack of food and a strong drink can do this. Maybe I am getting sick. It is an old bath with a clawfoot tub that has rust stains, a ceramic floor and free standing sink. I grab on to a towel rack, use the toilet. I wash my hands and reach for a towel. Nothing.. There is another door, a linen closet?

The next thing I remember is I am at the bottom of a hill of shrubbery. My legs are scratched and bleeding and my clothes and hair are a muddy mess. Somehow I manage to find the driveway and my car. I drive home going very slowly. I set the alarm on my phone for 6am. It was 3 in the morning.

What the hell was in my drink?

© Copyright 2021 Redtowrite (UN: kat47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Redtowrite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021008-30-day-Blogging-Nov-6-2021