*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021075-Day-7-of-the-Blogging-Challenge
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1021075 added November 7, 2021 at 3:47pm
Restrictions: None
Day 7 of the Blogging Challenge


It's day 7 of the 30DBC. Interesting prompt for today, about praise and criticism.

I watched a movie last night, I'm sure lots have already seen it. "Rocketman", about Elton John. And this biographical take on the rock star's tumultuous life is about praise, lots of it from his fans. And criticism, lots of it from his family.

I kept talking to his father, 'Touch him. Hug him. Tell him you love him!" If only the father had seen the amazing child he was - a piano prodigy - what different way would he have taken? Would we have not had that flamboyant superstar?

Then the praise from all the hangers-on, the fans, the world. If he hadn't been such a superstar, would he have fallen into that drug and alcohol-fueled lifestyle?

The balance of praise and criticism is critical to everyone. It's a fine line. Too much praise, you get too inured to anyone trying to help you. Too much criticism, and you decide nothing you do is worth anything.

© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021075-Day-7-of-the-Blogging-Challenge