*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021137-30-day-Blogging-Nov-8-2021
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2226993
Just my opinions and outlook on life
#1021137 added November 8, 2021 at 8:56am
Restrictions: None
30 day Blogging-Nov 8, 2021
PROMPT November 8th

What would you have to start doing now so that in 10 years you feel like you just had the best decade of your life?

In 10 years I will be 78. I have spent most of my life writing down goals and trying to achieve them. Usually, things don’t turn out like you thought they would but perhaps the way they were meant to be. I don’t have a bucket list and am perfectly happy to have a laid back life with my husband. Social Security and a small pension don’t go very far anyway. I am actually in a good place right now and want to keep it that way until, of course, something changes. I realize that is life and you can see change as a another page to write on or stop moving.

It will be fun and interesting to see what my children , grandchildren, and great grandchildren accomplish. I am proud of them and they are our greatest legacy, after all. I would like to continue to write and finish downloading all of the family photos to the cloud so the kids have that info if they are interested. I have tons of stuff I have saved. I am going through that, much of my memories will find their way to the trash. So many of mine and my husband’s parents meaningful possessions were thrown in the trash after they died. I am not disillusioned about what our children will hang on to. It is all just stuff, after all. I have been giving away pieces of jewelry and family heirlooms to individual family members now. It is nice to see them excited about something that belonged to a grandparent. It is very difficult when you have divorced families to decide these things. I want to make decisions as simple as possible for my kids.

So my plan is to enjoy this lovely house we have and go out on our boat to see fantastic wildlife and splendid sunsets. It is pretty here and right now we are fairly healthy but I do have progressive macular degeneration plus my worsening dystonia. I still do some volunteer work and keep up with old friends. We travel locally and that is enough. I have traveled from coast to coast and enjoyed every mile of it. I have been fortunate to have visited other countries and seen lovely scenery. So many memories of family times, raising kids, having a profession I loved, just experiencing life. It is a time of being still and reflecting, reading, listening to music and taking one day at a time. Life is beautiful when your calendar isn’t overflowing.

Have a great day, everyone!

© Copyright 2021 Redtowrite (UN: kat47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Redtowrite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021137-30-day-Blogging-Nov-8-2021