*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021368-30-day-Blogging-Nov-11-2021
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2226993
Just my opinions and outlook on life
#1021368 added November 10, 2021 at 11:11pm
Restrictions: None
30 day Blogging-Nov 11, 2021
PROMPT November 11th

You are desperate to use the bathroom. But, you share this with several others. It's down the hall (waaaay down the hall), and it's cold despite the heat being set to the 'normal' temperature. Being an older person, your legs and ability to hold it ain't what it used to be. How do you handle this dire situation?


WOW!!!You know how to trigger a senior lady whose plumbing isn’t what it used to be. This is why God invented Depends. I am a person that goes places prepared . I know where the bathrooms are and how far I have to walk, if there are steep steps because the knees aren’t what they used to be either. I have called ahead to find out about benches when visiting attractions for my Mom and now myself and husband. Being older is a challenge, for sure.

- [ ] I used to love to go to concerts and I think I have been in all the various venues in Atlanta. Many have been torn down now but I believe the worst was the Omni. Back in the 1980’s and 1990’s we used to go early on the day tickets went on sale to Turtle’s and stand in a line. Then the employees would hand out lottery tickets. Sometimes they ran out, otherwise it really didn’t matter where in line you were. The price then wasn’t so astronomical and you might get a low number ticket and get great seats. A lot of groups were at the Omni and the steps were so steep. I have watched more people fall on those steps going to the bathrooms. Some were high and/or drunk and the lights would only be dim on the step strips. I have gone home with many a bruised knee. Women are prone to this problem anyway. So the last fantastic 4 hour Springsteen concert we blew a wade of money for great seats and close to the bathroom, that was 2015.

I have always had a bladder problem-comes with the territory of endometriosis and a prolapsed bladder from having had babies . I know I have gotten off the question . I might try to make it in the scenario above, I can usually judge how urgent it is but there is always an extra layer between me and disaster.

(FYI, There are procedures that can be done, surgical tacking up of the bladder to the pelvic bone or you can have a pessary inserted that lifts the uterus up off the bladder.)

I hope I never find myself in the situation above but you never know what life will throw your way. I had a mother-in-law that used to carry a hand can opener in her purse, “just in case”. Women are really good at this from having kids, etc. Always be prepared. I keep an airway in my purse because I have had to do CPR on people a number of times.

© Copyright 2021 Redtowrite (UN: kat47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Redtowrite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021368-30-day-Blogging-Nov-11-2021