*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021592-Chapter-13
by Raven
Rated: GC · Book · Action/Adventure · #2261944
Our heroes venture into the abyss to save their world, while trouble brews back home.
#1021592 added November 14, 2021 at 3:49am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 13
Jake and Pam were roughly thrown to the ground by Cherrie and Analise. There was an eerie green glow that cast long and intimidating shadows around the chamber they were in. Some of their strength was returning, but both of them still felt drained. "Where are we?" Jake croaked.

Cherrie took a deep breath as her bubbly demeanor started to return, "Right where you belong, pretty boy. There's someone who has been dying to meet you, and you and your friends have been awfully rude to make her wait so long!"

"That doesn't answer my question," he said as he tried to sit up.

"You're in a place unfit for your pathetic mortal eyes," Analise snapped, "But then, you're also unfit to have that mark on your back."

Pam sat up and despite the exhaustion let out a dark chuckle, "You're afraid. Not of us, and maybe not right this second, but I felt your fear when Beth attacked."

Analise backhanded Pam and growled, "You shut your whore mouth! You think either of us were afraid of that little runt?! Don't be ridiculous!"

"I don't think, I know," Pam said as she turned her gaze back to Analise, "I felt it, you simple little monster. I'm an empath, but even if I weren't, why else would you two have fled? Do you have any idea who you're messing with?"

"A handful of arrogant and foul mouthed insects," Analise answered.

"The woman who made two demons feel fear is my beloved girlfriend and pet," Pam said, ignoring Analise's remark, "His best friend, and the very woman who's sent more souls to this dreadful place in the last six months than you can imagine. She's tenacious, ruthless, and she will stop at nothing to see you both suffer and beg for death. Combine that with the lunatic she has with her, and it's only a matter of time before she finds you and breaks you in half. I am going to drink your terror when that happens, and I'll endure whatever sick games you have until she arrives. Rest assured, it's only a matter of time before she finds us, little girl."

Analise reared back to strike her again, but she stopped when another voice cut in. A familiar voice that Jake hadn't heard in years, "All this talk of fear, dread, and suffering is wonderful, but I don't think that you quite realize just where you are. Color me impressed, girls, you managed to retrieve half of my order. I admit, when the offspring of that has-been hag came to me, I didn't think you'd be of any use. I expected you two to perish at the hands of these little miscreants. And yet here you have delivered two formidable enemies into my waiting hands. Of course, there is still the matter of the troublesome Catgirl and Alexis to be handled, but this is a start I suppose."

The devil herself stepped around them and into the light of the room. Her ample curves and impressive figure were accentuated by the cut of her formal pantsuit. Jake stared up at her and uttered her moniker from her time on Earth, "Stinkromancer."

"Ah the memories of a time long since passed, eh Jake?" she replied with a wicked grin, "I understand you've been busy back on Earth. Serving and submitting to the whims of that false God. I always knew you were a submissive little boy at heart, and if I'm being honest, it does this ancient heart good to see you embrace this side of yourself."

"We were surprised by the strength of the little one," Analise said, "We spent too long toying with the four of them, and when she attacked we were caught off guard. We won't fail you a second time, I swear to you."

"I believe you," Dorothy said, "I don't tolerate failure in my institution, and when they arrive I expect you to either deliver them to me or die trying. There is no in between with me. You either succeed or you fail."

"So the lord of Hell graces us with her presence," Pam said, "Why are we still alive?"

"I could lie and say that it's because I need you as bait for the others, but the truth of the matter is that I simply had to meet the woman who sent a soul to me piece by piece," Dorothy said, "It's not often someone makes such a spectacular display of power and brutality. Each shred of her soul is in agony, and it is simply delectable. I've never seen someone so ready to face the torments that await them here than I have with Abigail. You really are something special, Ms. Lavely. Your talents are wasted with the filth beside you and the whore you choose to be with."

"If this is an offer for me to join, then I'll tell you the same thing I told Abigail in a few short words," Pam said, "Go fuck yourself. I'm not interested in serving the will of another mad woman whose only goal is to further her own agenda."

"What a shame," Dorothy remarked as she approached them, "You would have gone far in my new order, Pamela, but you have your priorities. I can respect that, stupid as they may be. I figured you might say something along those lines, though, and as such I've taken the liberty of preparing some fun for you two. I'll have to scrub and carve that damned mark from Jake's back, but while I prepare for that I have something special in mind for the two of you. You see, a soul is most valuable after it's endured tremendous suffering, agony, and has been thoroughly broken. With this in mind, I intend to break you both before casting your bodies into the well. Given your already extraordinary resolve, with a little prep work you two should be just the push I need to complete my goals."

"And just what is your goal?" Jake asked.

"I intend to tear down the veil that safeguards your world from my own," she answered, "I'll enslave your precious Earth, feed and entertain my citizens and workers, and will crush anyone who dares to deny me what is rightfully mine."

"Another crazed dictator in a long line of women to fall," Pam said, "You're a self centered megalomaniac like every other woman out there."

"There are no women like me," Dorothy said coldly as she gestured to the rising vortex of souls behind her, "How many of them have access to power such as this, hmm? The soulnado, the source of all of Hell's prosperity, is mine to control. I will funnel it into myself, and use it to eradicate everyone who stands against me. Do you know what truly makes a soul viable, Ms. Lavely? Sorrow, misery, and hopelessness. I intend to take my time playing with the two of you, and letting my new associates have their fun as well, while we wait for your idiotic lover to inevitably and predictably storm the gates of my fortress. She is little more than a pathetic excuse for a thorn in my side, but one that still serves a purpose. She will bring Alexis back to me, and afterwards she will complete my plan with what's left of her essence. Don't worry, Ms. Lavely, you two will be joined together in eternal torment as you serve a higher purpose: fueling the new God of all worlds!"

"You're insane!" Pam snapped.

"Those destined for greatness are often misconstrued by the weak," Dorothy replied, "Your opinions no longer matter. All that matters is that you suffer and submit to me. Now, who wants to go first? I'll let you talk it over with yourselves for a moment. Girls, a word if you would."

Dorothy stalked out of earshot of the two of them with Cherrie and Analise trailing closely behind. "Beth will come for us, and she's going to end that cruel hag," Pam said, trying to reassure Jake, "I know it. She may still be unhappy with us, but she won't abandon us."

"I hope you're right," he said before adding, "I know she's basically the devil and insane, but is it just me or is she actually kind of...I don't know, hot?"

"Oh my God," Pam said as she summoned her strength to smack him in the back of the head, "Beth is right, what is the matter with you?! Do you have some sort of sick fetish for cruel and hateful monster women?!"

"Ow!" he yelled, "It's a fair question!"

"I suppose you also think Cherrie is attractive then," Pam remarked.

"I mean, if it weren't for the whole bloody mouth thing, then yeah," he replied honestly.

"You make me seem normal, and I'm dating a woman who murdered me," Pam said.

"Don't judge me," Jake defended.

"There's judging and then there's simply stating the obvious," she said, "You need to reevaluate who and what you find attractive."

Dorothy walked back over, her face glowing in the light of the Well, "I take it the two of you have come to a consensus?"

"He wants to go first," Pam said, deliberately throwing him under the bus, "He finds you, and that blonde psychopath, endearingly attractive."

"Pam!" Jake exclaimed.

"Awe, the little cutie wants to be dominated!" Cherrie exclaimed as she zipped over to him, "Mm, I bet you're a squirmer, aren't you? Ever sniff the farts of a demon? Oh, how would you like to clean between my toes?! Oh, I have so many fun ideas! Can I play with him, miss? Can I, please?"

Jake wasn't liking the sound of Cherrie's enthusiasm, and he was really regretting opening up to Pam. Dorothy smirked down at him, seeing and sending the impending dread in him, "I suppose you two have earned a reward. Share him with your sister, Cherrie, and be ready to apprehend Beth when she foolishly arrives here. I suppose that means you and I get to get better acquainted, eh Pamela?"

"I was an initiate under Rebecca," Pam replied, trying to appear unphased by the thought of being used by Dorothy, "I spent days at a time buried in her dirty laundry, worshipping her body, and enduring whatever hellish torture she could come up with. I'm not afraid of you."

Dorothy threw her head back and laughed, "Allow me to teach you just how I earned my old title, Ms. Lavely. I look forward to seeing how long you can keep up your little act. You aren't the only one who can sense emotions, dear girl."

Dorothy bent down and grabbed Pam's hair to drag her off, while Cherrie scooped Jake into her sadistic arms before belching in his face. He gagged as the smell of decay filled his sense of smell, and he saw Analise following close behind them. He didn't know what they had in store, and he was both excited and terrified to find out. He caught a glimpse of Dorothy stopping before pulling Pam's face into her ample backside. The sound of thunder as she blasted Pam with an unholy fart filled the room followed shortly by Pam retching from the stink. He'd been on the receiving end of that and more from Dorothy, and he hoped that Beth and Alexis were hurrying to their rescue. Their fates were in their hands, and until then they'd be subjected to all manner of rank torments. He found himself slightly more worried by what he thought was showing from Analise's crotch. It would be his luck to be subjected to foul tortures, and what was sure to be a ruthless pounding.

"You're sure this is the right way?" Beth asked as her and Alexis rounded another corner.

"Would you quit asking that and have a little faith?" Alexis replied, "I know this place like the back of my hand...huh, that's new."

Alexis had lifted her hand to prove a point, and had stopped to stare at it. Beth rolled her eyes and said, "That right there, that is exactly what I'm talking about. We can't afford to waste time, Alexis, Jake and Pam need our help!"

"I know that, lighten up Kitty-Cat," Alexis said, "Trust me, there's a ladder at the end of this corridor that'll take us to a service hatch close to The Spire. We head up, bust open the air ducts, sneak in, and then find the security controls to smash them to bits."

"That's your plan for disabling the security system?" Beth asked, having just heard her friend's plan for the first time, "Smash the console?"

"Footgirl style!" Alexis exclaimed with pride.

"Oh my God, you're an idiot," Beth sighed.

"You got a better idea?" Alexis asked.

"No," Beth sighed as they neared the ladder, "It's probably what I'd have suggested anyways."

"Great minds think alike!" Alexis cheered, "Come on, it's right up here."

Beth followed behind her insane friend as they rounded a final corner to find an old stone ladder. She checked her equipment one final time to ensure that she was fully loaded before ascending behind Alexis. They inched their way closer to the top, and Alexis pushed up a large stone slab that sealed the way to the sewer system. She motioned for Beth to wait for her signal as she peeked out of the hole. Once the cost was clear, she climbed out and helped Beth up. She'd never been more grateful for the demonic enhancements as she was now. She healed at a remarkably fast rate thanks to her time in Hell, but she knew she wasn't near the fighting shape she usually was. She wouldn't say anything to Beth, though, out of fear of the girl forsaking her mission. They needed to save Jake and Pam, and Beth wouldn't be able to accomplish this if she was worrying about her wellbeing.

"Where are we?" Beth asked.

"You probably don't wanna know this, but we're inside of the filtration system," Alexis replied, "It's all automated, but basically this is where all the piss and shit we've been walking through gets converted into reusable fluids."

"Gross," Beth said, "You're right, I didn't want to know that. How close are we to The Spire?"

"Roughly a mile," Alexis said, "We'll steal some cloaks from one of the old closets here, and then we should be able to wall right up to the place. Once we get there, that's when the party really gets started!"

"The ducts are around back, right?" Beth asked, trying to make sure they had every detail figured out and covered.

"Yup, now we just gotta walk through town square," Alexis said, "Hope you like the smell of burning flesh and the sounds of screaming."

"Who in their right mind would like that?" Beth asked, surprised and disgusted by Alexis' statement.

"Come on, there's nothing like that sound and smell," Alexis said, "I promise you, you'll never forget this little walkabout!"

"That's kind of what I'm afraid of," Beth admitted, "Let's just get this over with so I can skin those demonic whores who took my girlfriend and friend."

"You're sexy when you talk like that, you know that?" Alexis asked.

"Knock it off," Beth chided, "We've got people depending on us, and I'm not losing anyone else."

"Sir, yes sir!" Alexis said, mockingly saluting her friend.

"Just shut up and come on," Beth sighed before adding, "And don't call me sir! I'm not a man."

"That bubble butt of yours is a dead giveaway to that," Alexis joked as she gave it a playful smack.

"Do that again, and I'll cut your damn fingers off," Beth threatened.

"Make you a deal," Alexis countered, "I'll stop if you promise not to tell your girlfriend I did that."

"Deal," Beth said, "Now, come on."

The two of them walked through the building. Old and odd machines littered the area. Strange green lights caused an eerie glow that seemed almost hauntingly familiar to Beth. They reminded her of the poor souls that Cherrie had wielded not long ago. Did this entire place truly run on the suffering and anguish of the living? It made sense, given they were literally in Hell, but it turned her stomach to think about. An entire world powered by pain and misery. She wasn't sure if this was better or worse than what Goth had in mind for their world above. It was painful to think that even if she succeeded here, they still had problems to deal with back on Earth. It was a never ending struggle for her and her friends, but one they would have to face together.

Alexis opened a door to a closet past the machines, and handed Beth a long brown cloak with a hood. It wasn't a great disguise, but it would have to do. She clenched at the sword in her hand, and swore that she'd carve a path to her beloved if it came down to it. The blade was silent, but she could feel it offering its own agreement to her thoughts. Alexis opened the door to the outside, and Beth was immediately hit by the bright red lights of Hell's capital city. Before her sense of sight adjusted, she caught a whiff of blood, decay, and burning flesh that soured her stomach further. The screams of agony and pleas for mercy touched her ears next. A symphony of misery and the smell of rot overwhelmed her for a second before she steeled herself for the upcoming journey.

She followed behind Alexis as they stepped out into the odd cobbled streets of Hell. Stone buildings modeled after foreboding churches, Gothic architecture, and skulls lined the path. Large platforms could be seen in the distance with demons whipping and flaying humans who were unfortunate enough to find themselves here. The distorted laughs of the evil demons acted as a cruel accompaniment to the pained screams that filled the air. Lesser demons gathered around the platforms and podiums to watch the spectacle of their kin torturing the mortals. The sorrow was palpable, as was the delight the demons took in their torment. Beth could feel herself shaking with rage, but she reminded herself that there was nothing she could do for these people.

"There's less demons than usual," Alexis remarked as they made their way towards The Spire, "I wonder what's going on. Dorothy must be getting close to her goal, or they're expecting us to show up."

"You think they know we're coming?" Beth asked.

"I would if I had kidnapped your lover and best friend," Alexis replied, "Dorothy sent those soul eating sluts after all four of us, so I'm betting she's counting on us storming the gates of her castle. Doesn't matter how you slice it, they're gonna be waiting for us."

"Then why are we even bothering taking the back way in?" Beth asked, "If they're expecting us, then why don't we just go ahead and break down the front door."

"Beth, I know you're ancy and angry, but use your head," Alexis said, "If we break down the main gates, we'll be up to our eyeballs in demons. They might be easy prey, but they'll wear us out before we make it to our target. Best to save our energy for the real fight, you know? Oh! They're starting the blood boiling!"

"What the fuck?" Beth asked as she followed Alexis' gaze.

Much to her horror, she saw a cluster of demons carrying multiple mortals onto a large stage. There was a massive cauldron at the base of the stage, and she watched as they hurled body after body into it. She could hear them screaming, but what was worse was the sickening gurgle that followed it. Before she could even ask what they were doing, several large demons pulled on some chains that had been attached to the cauldron. What happened next was something Beth would never forget. The cauldron tipped over, and the bloody remains of the humans spilled out into a canal. Steam rose from the bubbling stream as it washed through the canals. This place was demented on a level that even she couldn't fathom, and she felt herself getting nauseus as the remains washed by. Hands, skulls, eyes, and more floated by as they continued to dissolve into the goop that flooded the crevices.

"Why are they doing this?" Beth asked.

"It's how Dorothy keeps the lesser demons in check," Alexis answered, "These gorey and vulgar displays are what keep them entertained. As long as they have things like this, they won't question who's in charge. Dorothy could give a display of power, but this way she can focus on her more elaborate plans and operations."

Beth watched as some of the smaller demons dove into the canals and started drinking the still boiling blood that flowed in them. "This is disgusting on a whole other level," she said.

Alexis shrugged, "Most demons are primitive, and they're easily amused by acts of extreme violence or hate. To them, this is like a five star resort."

"Let's just keep moving," Beth said with a shudder, "I can't watch this anymore."

"Fair enough, Kitty-Cat," Alexis said as she resumed her purposeful walk, "Follow me!"

Beth did her best to block out the gruesome sights along the way to The Spire. Alexis, thankfully, motioned for her to follow her into an alleyway that provided a reprieve from the horrors of this realm. It did little to diminish the horrific sounds that filled the air, but at least she didn't have to see gut wrenching scenes playing out. She made a note to speak with Pam about avoiding ending up here for eternity when they finally got out of here. It was no wonder why Goth strived for immortality if this was what awaited people who committed atrocities back on Earth. An eternity of nothingness seemed peaceful by comparison. As if to accentuate her thoughts, another prolonged and pained shriek filled the air followed by the distorted cackling of a group of demons.

She saw the massive obsidian tower off in the distance with a stream of green energy pulsing out of the top of it. The ray of light cast an odd shadow over the land surrounding the tower. The horn-like spikes that jutted off of the building only added to the foreboding feeling that came from looking up at it. This was it, the central base of operations for all of Hell, and the place where Jake and Pam were undoubtedly being held and enduring unspeakable torture. There was an oddly plain chain length fence that surrounded the building. Beth was genuinely surprised at how basic it appeared; it was a stark contrast to the rest of the structures she'd seen thus far.

There were a few guards posted around the outside, but Alexis seemed to know their patrol routes and easily guided the two of them past them. They came to a section of the fence that had been eroded by the odd weather of the realm. Alexis explained that storms here were different than the ones on Earth. Dust and sand mingled with acidic rain and powerful arc lightning, and it usually resulted in structures needing constant repair. The fence around back was a low priority due to many demons choosing to steer clear of The Spire. Trespassing was punishable by death, and the threat of being given to Dorothy was enough to keep the majority of demons at bay.

Alexis pushed a section of the fence out and her and Beth ducked under it. They carefully snuck around the backside of the structure until they came across burnt steel squares. Beth looked at the odd duct work and asked, "How are we supposed to get in?"

Alexis grinned as she took a few steps back before running forward and performing a dive kick that busted the old steel into pieces. She flashed a confident smirk as she spun around, "Does that work for you?"

"You don't do stealth very well, do you?" Beth asked.

"I can, but I want these fuckers to know I'm coming," Alexis replied darkly, "They looked down on me here for so long, and now I am gonna show them why I earned the rank I had. I don't care who you are, you don't fuck with Footgirl."

"Take it easy, Alexis," Beth said, "We're here to get Jake and Pam out of here and deal with Dorothy. The whole reason we're taking this route is so we don't exhaust ourselves, remember?"

"That's exactly what you're gonna do," Alexis replied, "It's classic misdirection, Kitty-Cat. We go in together, smash the security systems, and then we split up so you can save them. I'll draw the bulk of these idiots to me, and you'll head down to where Dorothy is keeping them. They're probably down by The Well, knowing No-Nose and her flair for the dramatic."

"Hold on, we're not splitting up," Beth argued, "We do this together. I'm not losing anyone else to this shithole of a place."

"Beth, we don't have time to argue about this," Alexis said firmly, "The longer we wait, the worse things are going to get for them. You know what Dorothy is capable of. You and that sword are the best shot that they have of getting free and joining the fight. Don't worry about me, I can take care of myself. These chumps don't stand a chance against me."

"What about you getting back to Earth?" Beth asked.

"You really want a psycho like me running around up there?" Alexis asked, "Ha, guess shit really has changed if that's the case. I'll find a way back, don't worry. I'll be back trying to conquer the world before you know it!"

"When you put it like that, I kind of regret mentioning it," Beth said.

"Oh, you love me," Alexis said, "Don't sweat it. From what Jake said, it's gonna be a while before I can do my usual thing again. Just promise me that if we ever end up at odds, you won't hold back."

"You step out of line, and I'll kick your ass until you straighten up," Beth said.

"Huh, before you said you'd shoot me," Alexis remarked, "Guess the big bad Feral has a soft spot after all."

"I have rubber bullets, dumbass," Beth warned, "They may not kill, but they hurt like a son of a bitch. I've got no problem emptying a clip into you if it comes down to it."

"You're kinda cute when you get all indignant," Alexis cooed before smiling and adding, "I see why Pam likes you so much. You two need each other, and I wouldn't mind sitting in while you two fuck around."

"Shut up and get in the damn hole," Beth said, blushing furiously at the image of Alexis watching her and Pam make love.

"That's what she said!" Alexis said, trying not to double over from laughing.

"Just go!" Beth yelled, getting frustrated.

"Alright, alright," Alexis said, "Let's go fuck some shit up."

The last hour had been truly terrible for Jake and Pam. Jake's suspicion about Analise had been confirmed when she removed the lower half of her gown, and he was given flashbacks to his time facing off against Hippogirl. Analise was far from gentle as she rammed him repeatedly, and Cherrie had positioned herself so that each thrust from her sister would force his face into her ass. Not to be outdone, Analise followed her assault on his ass by proceeding to skull fuck into near oblivion. He'd never tasted demonic seed before, and after what had happened he had no desire to do so again. Cherrie's patronizing coos of affection only added to his humiliation as she used his battered mouth to scrub her feet clean. The only break he received from her foul toes was whenever Analise needed to release gas on his face. The exercise from fucking had apparently worked to help her release some pent up gas pains. He was currently being subjected to a wretched and thorough cleaning of Cherrie's ass while she sat on his face and periodically blasted him with her tainted air.

Pam wasn't faring any better in her alone time with Dorothy. The horrors she'd endured under Rebecca paled in comparison to the devil's vile amusements. She'd been mocked and berated continually, gassed until she could barely see straight, and had even been given the misfortune of licking Dorothy's maggot infested pits. She'd vomited twice already, and all it seemed to do was spur Dorothy in and amuse her further. The woman was a true terror in living form, and she was sure she would be haunted by this experience for weeks to come if they ever got out of here. She could only hold onto the hope that Beth was coming for her, and the thought of her beloved gutting the three of them kept her sanity intact.

"You're not looking so good, Pamela," Dorothy mocked as she roughly pulled at her hair, "Where is all that big talk from before? Don't tell me that I'm proving too much for you."

"Fuck you, you ugly cunt," Pam spat.

"Mm, now there is an idea," Dorothy said with an evil laugh, "It's been too long since I've climaxed from a broken soul, and I understand you've got quite a talented little tongue. On your knees, you little slut, you're going to eat my delicious pussy."

The thought of seeing, let alone tasting, whatever disgusting snatch lurked beneath those pants was terrifying. This was too much, she couldn't keep up her facade any longer, "No, please, anything but that!"

"There's the lovely sound of a broken whore," Dorothy said with a grin as she proceeded to undo her pants, "Beg, scream, and fight all you like, little girl, you're going to get me off one way or another. Now, get over here!"

The sound of alarms going off had never sounded better than in this moment. Dorothy glared up at them with true hatred. Cherrie and Analise were forced to leave their own plaything, giving Jake a much needed bout of relief from the two sadistic sirens. "Awe, are they here already?" Cherrie pouted, "I was so close to cumming on his cute little face!"

"I was just about ready to give his ass another round too," Analise grumbled.

"Enough," Dorothy snapped, "You two have had your fun, and if you succeed in this little mission, you'll have two more toys to play with. Find Beth and bring her to me. I want her alive so she can watch while I break her beloved mistress. Fail me, and you two will be serving as my own personal fuck toys for the rest of your miserable existence. You either succeed or you die trying, do I make myself clear?"

"Yes mam," both girls said as they flew off in search of their prey.

Dorothy walked over to Pam and bent down to give her cheek a revolting lick. Pam shuddered and closed her eyes as she caught sight of the horrifying centipede that Dorothy called a tongue as it crawled along her face. It was slimy and she felt its legs crawl along her cheek, "Mm, I suppose our fun will have to wait, eh Pamela?" Dorothy asked before throwing her face down to the stone floor, walking off, and grabbing a radio, "I want a full sweep of my building. Every able bodied worker needs to be on the lookout for a rogue agent and a human girl. Any sightings should be reported to me immediately, and I want both of them brought to me alive. Update me on what is happening every ten minutes until those whores are found and apprehended."

Alexis and Beth had managed to worm their way through the ducts and dropped into a large console room. A single demon had been sitting in front of the monitors when they dropped down. Alexis had made short work of him by snapping his neck, and then promptly slammed his face into the console. Beth scanned the monitors and found Jake and Pam. It looked like both of them had been put through the ringer. The image wasn't crystal clear, but she could see that Pam had been crying. Jake looked like he was getting better acquainted with Cherrie's ass than anyone would have liked, and the sight of it made her blood boil. Without a word, she unsheated her sword and slammed it into the controls.

"Hey!" Alexis yelled, "I was gonna do that!"

"How do I get to them?" Beth asked, her tone growing colder.

"Oh man, you've got that, 'I'm gonna fucking kill' tone again," Alexis said with a shiver, "Fucking love it when you get like this! They're down in The Well, so you'll want to look for the elevator shaft to get there quickly. Fuck waiting for the damn thing, just break the doors down and slide down the cable. I'll cut the power while I'm dealing with the goons. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb are probably gonna try to ambush you. Make them beg for mercy before you kill their ugly asses."

"Count in it," Beth said, "You sure you'll be alright?"

"I'm Footgirl, remember?" Alexis asked, "If anyone can survive a demonic horde, it's me. Seriously, though Beth, keep your mind focused on saving Jake and Pam. Dorothy is a powerhouse, and you can't afford to be distracted by worrying about me. You ready?"

"Let's do it," Beth said as she sheathed her sword and cast off her cloak.

Alexis grinned, relishing her former rival's blood thirsty attitude. She charged at the door and leapt into a spinning kick to break it down. It flew off of its hinges and slammed into a demon passing by. Alexis hopped onto the door and pushed her full weight down on it to crush the demons skull. A small group looked up at the pair of them and rushed to sound the alarms on the wall. They pulled it and the flourescent lights above in the hallway started flashing red as alarms began ringing. "Hiya, boys and girls, did ya miss me?!" Alexis asked with a cackle, "Where's that bitch Karen from HR? I have got a bone to pick with her, more specifically I'm gonna pick her fucking spine out piece by piece!"

"Shit, it's the fucking whack job!" one of the demons growled.

"That's right~!" Alexis sang, "I'm~ gonna~ rip~ you~ limb~ from~ limb~!"

Beth watched with mild amusement as the group of demons scattered throughout the hall, several bumping into each other, while Alexis chased off after them. "Well, she sure knows how to make an entrance," she said to herself as she took off down the hall with one of her pistols at the ready and her sword clenched tightly in her hand.

She followed her psychotic friend down the corridor, watching as she attacked anyone in her path. Alexis was a ball of chaotic energy as she barreled down the hall. She moved in a frenzy from one target to the next. A fierce kick to one demon, an uppercut to another, and a swift death dealing stomp to any that hit the ground. Many of the lower ranking demons ran for their lives, and the ones who tried to stand their ground were put down quickly either by Alexis' devastating attacks or a quick shot from Beth's pistol. The two girls were like a tornado of violence as they swept through the crowds.

It wasn't until they reached the end of the corridor that they met their first real bout of resistance. A group of larger demons met them in an attempt to cut them off and apprehend them, but Alexis quickly leapt over their shoulders to get behind them. One of them spun around to grab her, but she hit him with an open palm strike to his nose. He recoiled from the blow, and she ducked down as Beth opened fire on the five of them. Two of them dropped to the ground howling and bleeding, and the others roared in anger from the pain. The ones that remained broke into two groups that went after the two girls.

Two tried and failed to wrap their arms around Alexis or latch onto her with their teeth, and the other two charged at Beth. Alexis slipped under one of the behemoth's arms, and swept his legs out from under him. She launched into a back handspring from her crouch, and her feet collided with the other's jaw. Beth quickly holstered her pistol and walked towards the two rushing her. She jabbed one of them in the stomach with her scabbard before unsheathing her sword and decapitating them. She leaned back as the other tried to punch at her, and with a fast and precise swing of her sword removed half of his arm. She finished the large demon with an upward slash that cut him from his midsection to his face. She sheathed her sword and blood shot out of the woods at the sound of the clink when the guard hit the sheath.

His body fell apart just in time for her to see Alexis finish beating down the two other demons. She clasped her hands together and brought them down on one on his knees. The demon fell down unconscious, and the one remaining tried to surprise her. She ducked under, sidestepped around him, and jumped into the air before wrapping her legs around the demon's throat. She grabbed his arm and threw her weight to the side and forced the demon to the ground. He gasped and banged on her thighs, but she kept applying more and more pressure until his body went limp. She unfurled her legs and spun back to her feet with a contented sigh.

"Well that was fun, but we can't stop now," Alexis said, turning back to Beth, "There's a junction at the end of this hall where you're gonna go left. I'll go right, deal and distract more of her forces, and I'll smash any circuit breakers along the way. Find them, and get out of here."

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" Beth asked for the final time.

"I'll be fine," she replied, "You just need to focus on the task at hand. Remember, the more you worry, the more distracted you'll be. Eyes on the prize, Beth."

"Alright," Beth said, knowing there was nothing she could say to talk Alexis out of this plan, "Let's do this. Just...come out alive, yeah?"

"Count on it," Alexis said, "Show time, Kitty-Cat!"

The two of them raced down the hallway. They dismantled any resistance that came their way with fast blows, cuts, and gunshots. They came to the junction Alexis had mentioned, and without a word the two split up to accomplish their own objectives. Beth pushed all of her worries aside as she charged down the hallway, meeting any demons that got in her way with swift and decisive swings of her sword. She moved with confidence and could feel the aura of the sword merging with her own. With one goal in mind, she sliced and diced her way through her opposition. The image of Pam crying and at the mercy of Stinkromancer kept her going through the waves of demons that tried and failed to stop her.

Alexis had broken off from Beth to head towards the old stairwell. Lower ranking demons scattered in her wake, but she would catch them and hurl them into the wall. She shattered ones skull upon impact, and managed to break one of the walls with another. She spied one of the breaker boxes on the wall, and she used one of the larger demons' bodies to smash it to pieces. His body lit up as electricity coursed through him and the lights began to flicker. It wouldn't be long before higher ranking demons showed up to stop her, but she was looking forward to it. She couldn't recall the last time she'd gone on such a chaotic spree, and it felt good to be back to her old self. She'd been tied down by Dorothy's rules and regulations for too long.

She entered the large space filled with cubicles where many of the lower level demons worked. Paper pushers and weaklings who couldn't handle even the simplest of field assignments were placed here. Many of them had already fled out of sheer terror, but she could see a handful of heavily armored demons on the opposite end of the room. "Geras!" she yelled, "What, did you just feel like getting your ass handed to you again?"

"Alexis," Geras growled, "I knew it was a mistake taking an unhinged mortal into our ranks. I'm going to enjoy delivering you to our queen!"

"Come get a piece, you ugly fuck!" Alexis yelled back as she ducked between the cubicles.

The place was like a maze, and one she intended to take full advantage of. She could hear the towering soldiers barreling through the shoddy walls as she kept herself tucked low and ran through the maze. She'd pick them off one by one, and deal with Geras personally. One of them knocked one of the cubicle walls over, and quickly ran along the overturned wall to get close to his head. She hooked her forearm around his neck, threw herself down, and caused it to come crashing to the ground. She flipped over onto his chest before throwing a series of quick punches to his face. His jaws snapped at her hands, but she was too fast for him. He bucked beneath her to try to throw her off, but instead of fighting against him she followed the momentum. She threw herself into another backflip as he tried to buck her off, and issued a ferocious kick to his jaw that rendered him unconscious as he tried to get to his feet.

She spotted a stun baton hanging from his chest piece and quickly snatched it for herself. Giving it a playful twirl, she flipped the switch on it and grinned wickedly as it crackled to life. This was going to be fun. Armed and more dangerous than ever, Alexis leapt from her hiding spot to try to surprise the rest of Geras' squad. One of them had been close enough that she was able to vault over to him and plow her new weapon into his face. He roared in pain as he stepped back in literal shock. Dazed but not defeated, he recovered and grabbed his own weapon to retaliate. She blocked an overhead swing from the large demon, threw a kick at his knee that broke his defensive stance, and spun around to build momentum and slam the crackling weapon once more into his jaw. His grip loosened on his own weapon, and she quickly ripped it from his hand before bringing both ends to his temples. His body convulsed as she fried his brain, and he fell to the ground in a pathetic clump.

She heard one of the other squad members bursting through the cubicles. She readied herself for an evasive maneuver, but to her surprise another demon jumped over the lone wall that remained standing. "Oh boy," she said as she was forced to rethink her plan.

In a split second and spur of the moment decision, she ran towards the charging oaf, narily dodging the demon attempting to flank her. Using years of martial training and her own enhanced abilities, she performed a sideflip and launched both of her weapons in opposing directions. The one behind her took a stun baton to the eye, but the one charging forward managed to deflect the one flying towards him. It wasn't much, but at least she had a moment to deal with her first target. He threw a vicious downward punch that she managed to avoid, and she threw herself onto his bulky arm. She wrapped herself around it, and hung on for dear life as he tried to shake her off. She wasn't tall, but her legs were long enough that she could stun him by kicking him in the jaw a few good times. She arched her back, locked her legs, and pulled his arm in an obscene and unnatural angle. There was a loud crack followed by a painful scream as she snapped his arm.

She flipped backwards to get off of him, but she didn't have a second to finish him as the one from earlier was already fast approaching. She let out a disgruntled sigh as she ducked under a mighty cleave of his claws. She danced around his clumsy, yet strong, offensive approach with relative ease. She waited for an opening before throwing herself into a backflip kick and slamming her foot into his jaw. She landed and moved in with a series of speedy and precision based strikes to his chest. She finished her combination with a fierce open palmed strike to his nose that sent the bone of his snout rocketing through his brain. His body went limp as he fell to his knees before falling onto his face.

The one with a broken arm tried to recover, but she snatched the stun baton from her fallen foe's bandelier and swung it at the wounded demon's neck. She followed it up with a series of electric and vicious strikes that ended in him falling backwards in a comatose state. She dropped the stun baton and yelled, "You can come out now, Geras! Your little idiots are finished now! You want me? Come and get me!"

Geras had been the training instructor when she first arrived in Hell, and he was easily the most misogynistic demon she'd ever met. She'd beaten him more times than she could count in sparring, but she'd never been allowed to kill the ugly bastard. Now there were no rules keeping her from enacting her own devilish will and desires. She was going to enjoy this more than anything so far. It was good to be back. She waited for the sound of his heavy footfalls, but they never came. She closed her eyes as she paid extra attention to the air around her. She could sense a shift in the air currents above her, and she opened her eyes just in time to roll out of the way of a surprise dive punch from Geras. The impact from his fist left a crater in the stone floor that crumbled further as he withdrew his fist.

"Little girls like you have no place here," he spat venomously, "I'll break you in half before taking you to Dorothy, and I'll watch as she breaks that cocky spirit of yours down to nothing."

"Tough talk for a guy who just missed with a surprise attack," she said as she put one hand in her pocket and leaned back, "Tell ya what, I'm feeling generous today. I'll let you have the first few punches. Let's see if you're fast enough to hit me, or if you're still just a slow poke who's more bark than bite."

"Ugh, you arrogant little shit!" Geras roared as he took a swing at her that she easily stepped out of the way of.

He was fast, but she was faster. He opened his hand and flashed his claws as took another swing at her that she ducked under. Stepping forward, he attempted to stomp on her foot to halt her movements, but she quickly slid her foot back before stepping to the side to avoid another swing from him. "Come on, is this really the best you've got?" she asked, blatantly mocking him, "This is exactly why I never respected you and your shitty little strike force! Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

He growled as he picked up his pace. He hated Alexis for her condescending and superior attitude. She was absolutely infuriating. Despite his increased efforts, she continued to easily avoid his attacks. Growing increasingly frustrated, he brought both of his clawed hands down in an x form, took a sharp inhale, leaned back, and released a fiery breath attack at her that would have surely been her undoing. She saw it coming, however, and with unparalleled speed and agility, she flipped over him to dodge and get behind him. She threw an unforgiving punch to his back that caused him to stagger forward, swung her leg at the back of the knee to force him down, and wrapped her arm around his throat. She summoned all of her strength to hold him in place as she prepared to snap his neck.

She leaned in and whispered in his ear, "Don't get overconfident unless you can back it up. You lost because you're arrogant, you're dying because you fucked with the wrong girl. Your defeat and death are at the hands of a girl you underestimated again and again. Fuck off, you cocky piece of shit."

She snapped his neck, and his body went limp as she dropped him to the ground. She breathed a sigh of relief and content as she looked around. One floor down and trashed, now she just had to keep the focus on her. She belonged in the spotlight, though, and she was happy to stay here as long as it took. She'd show everyone just what happened whenever they underestimated mortals. She was confident that Beth would handle her problems, and she felt assured that the two of them would dismantle the entire operation. She hummed a happy tune to herself as she stepped over Geras' body and practically skipped up the stairs. She slammed her fist into a breaker box by the stairwell for good measure, and smiled to herself as the lights began to flicker above more and more.







© Copyright 2021 Raven (UN: awesomeone1427 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raven has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021592-Chapter-13