*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021953-Blogging-Circle-for-Nov-19
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2226993
Just my opinions and outlook on life
#1021953 added November 19, 2021 at 1:09pm
Restrictions: None
Blogging Circle for Nov. 19
11 Days until December and the holiday season. Do you think all the grim media predictions will come true? Supply issues, mail issues? Or do you think it's just more over the doom and gloom mentality that's been looming since Covid began?



Very simple answer here, whatever gets the ratings up to have more viewers seems to be the driver here. We have actually been in this place before and that was back in the 1970’s with huge gas lines, inflation and unemployment. See, I am that old! It didn’t affect my life so much but I know it did many people. Being an RN, I never had to worry about a job but factories were being closed.

I think we, as Americans, are so used to instant gratification, we want to immediately return to normal (pre-Covid) if you could call that normal. For goodness sakes, we are still in a global pandemic so supplies are very behind and we lost over 700,000 people. It is going to take some time to stop feeling the pain. I don’t think enough people appreciate the fact that we have this great vaccine and medications or more people would have died.

We are fortunate that there are these job openings for people and we are on our way to decrease CO2 emissions with electrical cars. The prices will have to come down on those due to supply and demand. Capitalism will still be around. The immigration laws will eventually work so people from other countries will take the jobs others don’t seem to want. Right now, it is nice to see the essential workers able to get more money for hard work. I have a lot of optimism in America if we could just work together for the betterment of our country.

© Copyright 2021 Redtowrite (UN: kat47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Redtowrite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021953-Blogging-Circle-for-Nov-19