*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023295-One-Down-One-To-Go
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1023295 added December 17, 2021 at 12:03am
Restrictions: None
One Down, One To Go
Not going to do my usual thing today. After eye surgery yesterday, it's difficult for me to focus on a screen. My left eye with its new lens protests against any attempt to see up close, and the right one (scheduled for next week) no longer works properly, even with my glasses. Trying to use both at the same time just gives me a headache.

I'm sure things will get better (optimism from me -- who'd'a thunk it), but for tonight, I'm taking it easy.

It did occur to me today that after the next surgery, my prescription glasses will no longer be of any use, and I'm not sure yet how I'm supposed to see up close to do things like reading, writing, or language lessons. Perhaps a cheap-o pair of reading glasses from the pharmacy can tide me over until my regular eye doc can measure me for new ones.

But that will have to wait for at least another day or two so my eye can begin to heal. With any luck, though, I'll be able to see a movie in the theater this weekend. I can already tell that the distance vision, past about six meters or so, has greatly improved, and it's not like I need binocular vision for movie-watching. I spent a few minutes tonight just looking at the moon (with my left eye), which I haven't seen clearly in months.

As for the surgery itself, the less said about that, the better, especially since I have to go through it once more. And I'm trying to be more focused (pun intended) on the results rather than the process.

Well, I don't see too many red squiggly underscores here, so hopefully there isn't a huge number of typos. I don't expect to be online much today, though. With little else to do, I might empty the refrigerator of beer. At least then I'll have a good excuse for seeing double.

© Copyright 2021 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023295-One-Down-One-To-Go