*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023782-Shuttered
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1023782 added December 29, 2021 at 12:01am
Restrictions: None
Shuttered
Short one today. Bit of a relief after yesterday for all of us, I'm sure.



Pretty much just what it says in the headline, but I think it's worth looking at, because "recreate" isn't the precise word I'd use. Echo, maybe. Update. Transform.

Chris photographed people back in the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. And during 2020 and 2021, he tracked them down and recreated the photos he took decades ago – one of them being nearly 50 years old. Chris kindly shared his photos with us, and if you ask me, they’re the most heartwarming thing you’ll see today.

Of course, you'll have to go to the link to see the pictures, and I think they're clever as well as artistic.

“I entered the digital age with a Canon EOS 1000D, 60D, 70D and finally a 5D M111 as I often photograph in low light and adverse weather. I do not use flash and I am hopeless at Photoshop so do minimal editing with the camera software. There is no substitute for getting it right first time in the camera.”

Me, I lost interest in doing photography around the time of the switch to digital (causation, not correlation), but I can still appreciate a good photography project. It's not that I don't appreciate digital photography - like everyone else, I use my mobile phone to record important things like beers and cats - it's just that, since everyone these days is a photographer, I'd have to work hard to stand out. And I'm allergic to work.

Anyway, like I said, short, and more photos than text. It's not so much about the technical quality of either the originals or the "reshoots," but more about the interesting ways the photographer recalled the original scenes with the newer photos.

© Copyright 2021 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023782-Shuttered