*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023884-Requiem-for-a-Year
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1023884 added December 31, 2021 at 12:03am
Restrictions: None
Requiem for a Year
Well, that was a year.

I know I said yesterday that I'd do a recap or something, but I can't be arsed. Besides, there's not much about this year that I want to remember. Best thing about it is I got my eyes fixed. Yay me.

I'm not one for making New Year's resolutions. I used to, but I do try to learn things in life, like not to keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results. My mother liked to chant, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again." Which, now I think of it, is ironic for someone who tried over and over to have a child only to end up adopting one. One who ended up being a gigantic disappointment.

I'm also not a fan of social media in general, but there is one app that I use regularly. It's called Untappd, and it's a place to record what beers you've tried and rate them. I call it "social media for drunks." I kind of wish they also did wine, or at least that I could find a different one for that purpose. But my first love is beer, so whatever.

So I was looking in my Untappd records a few days ago, and discovered something distressing. In 2020, I checked in 648 times. In 2021, my number of check-ins was 520.

I can't go on like this. I mean, a 20% reduction? That's outrageous. So my goal for 2022 is to drink at least 650 beers. They don't have to be all new to me, but I want my numbers back up, dammit.

I know, I know, that sounds like a lot, average almost two beers a day, but remember, a good number of those were from tasting flights. As in, a lot of times, I just took a couple of sips of the brew. The only way, therefore, that I can get back to my 2020 numbers is to visit more breweries and get more tasting flights.

What with everything going on right now, whether that's possible or not is up in the air. But it's something to reach for, and everyone needs a hobby.

Speaking of hobbies...

*Movie**Film**Film**Film**Movie*


One-Sentence Movie Review: The King's Man

A movie that reimagines the events leading up to and surrounding WWI and the Russian Revolution, the best thing about this movie was the character of Rasputin; other than that, it's pretty standard political/spy stuff that thinks it's more clever than it actually is, but also features several great fight scenes.

Rating: 3/5

*Movie**Film**Film**Film**Movie*


And so ends 2021, and good riddance. Everyone have a happy New Year, and, at the risk of sounding clichéd, see you next year.

As it has become my habit to post one of these just after midnight, remember tomorrow's entry won't follow that pattern, as I will be in no shape to post then. But I'll get one in on New Year's day.

Sometime.

© Copyright 2021 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023884-Requiem-for-a-Year