*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024219-2022---January-Five
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1024219 added January 5, 2022 at 11:59am
Restrictions: None
2022 - January Five

PROMPT FOR JANUARY 5, 2022

Begin your blog entry by writing...

When I think about my life so far, I would have to say the most frightened I've ever been was the day...



I guess it would have to be the day I went to an ER in Virginia to check on my status post stupid drunken event.

I know I've mentioned this before. I got snookered the day before my father-in-law's funeral. There was a family gathering. There was wine. I love wine. I drank a lot of it. The rest of the night is lost to the overindulgence of cabernet.

We went back to my son-in-law's for the night. Evidently, I aimed for the bed, missed. I hit the bed frame, hit the wall, the bed frame. Several times. When I woke in the night to use the potty, I felt kind of strange. I looked in the mirror and thought, 'something's not right'. Well, come daylight, I looked again and I had a bruised swollen face. I had to attend a funeral looking like a prizefighter.

So a few days later, my son-in-law suggests I go to the ER to check if it's OK to fly. (This was in 2013) Seems I had a concussion per the CT and oh, by the way, we also see a brain tumor, so see your doctor when you get home.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That has to be the most scared I have ever been. Another scary day was when I woke after a bad car accident in my 20's. I last remember driving out of the driveway and then woke up in the ICU. I have no memory still of what happened. I spent 6 weeks in the hospital. My daughter was 2 years old.

So the first scariest day in my life was post car accident. Then the scariest day that superceded that was post brain tumor diagnosis.

But you know, all is well now. I recovered from both health scares. The human body has a wonderful way of healing itself and I had excellent doctors along the way. God is good.



new signature 2021



Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024219-2022---January-Five