*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024221-Poll-Positions
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #2156493
A hub for the "Book of Masks" universe.
#1024221 added January 5, 2022 at 12:05pm
Restrictions: None
Poll Positions
Today ends a short run of Will-and-Sydney chapters—

* Interactive: "Boys Will Be Boys
* Public: "Boys Will Be Boys

—and tomorrow starts another short run, the chapters you guys collectively commissioned from me in the last Plot Plinko Poll. Background:

Will has used the book he bought to make a mask, but he's still uncertain enough about it all that he's gone looking for partners, and has found them at school: Kim Walsh, Josie Holden, Mike Hollister, and Philip Fairfax. They have set up a kind of headquarters in the basement of the nearby elementary school and have been working quickly through the first few spells. They have just prepared two complete masks—masks that copy memories as well as bodies—and the time has come to test them out.

This is a run of chapters that was written by rugal, so I'm uploading them for the first time to the Archives, and they start here: "The Westside Book Club.

Those who remember the arc will notice that the last chapter in the run has had its ending changed. There were too many complications (real and potential) in the original, so I simplified it. (The original version of the chapter is in the Non-Canonical BoM: "Getting Familiar with the Unfamiliar.) It was still a tough thing to write, and there's only five chapters to come. I basically limited myself to clearing up confusions and mysteries, slowing down the action so it could breathe a little, and preparing some inter-personal conflict. It's all rather transition-type stuff, I'm afraid.

Meanwhile, the current poll still has 24 hours to run: "Invalid Item

© Copyright 2022 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024221-Poll-Positions