*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024405-A-Mess-of-pottage
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2253657
Maybe meandering, possibly peripatetic and indisputably irregular.
#1024405 added January 9, 2022 at 12:18pm
Restrictions: None
A Mess-of-pottage
Ever had one of those mornings where your Snap, Crackle and Pop sounds like a Michael Bay movie? No me either.

Reaching out a bottle of the good stuff I took a swig and swilled it around my mouth. As usual it grabbed me by the throat and made me feel freshly squeezed. God I love orange juice.

I used to think I was a lady killer, till a friend explained that women stating that they would rather jump off a cliff than spend time with me doesn't mean that at all. I was going to add that I'm silver tongued, but I'd probably get banned, so I won't.

I tried being one of those stalkers that you hear about in the news. Much harder than I thought, I bought a bunch of flowers, cut all the heads off and arranged them in a vase. I couldn't see what all the fuss is about, they looked really boring.

In the Wild Wild WDC, you're only as good as your last merit badges. The last two I got were for Horror, and Dark Poetry! Yeah, that's how badass I am.

Speaking of cereal, for no reason at all this morning I was remembering Mr Burns looking thoughtfully at a box of Count Chocula and reflecting that the character looked a bit like him. This led me to recall Crusty the Clown's horror when he swallowed one of his "Crusty-O's'. Idly I wondered if anyone would be interested in the fact that the Simpsons has at least twice used cereal to comedic effect.

Following a conversation with a fellow writer this morning, I was considering a discussion to debate the advantages and disadvantages of Batch Silliness versus Free Range Silliness. This in turn reminded me that I plan to write about a wig farmer at some point, (Down on Barnett Farm).

On my mind at the moment is whether to continue with a piece I have begun about Aeronautical Hoboes. It started well enough, but I am wondering if the humour is sufficient to sustain it further. As a serious point, which I do occasionally make, I wonder how other writers deal with things they have part written and then decide is not really working. Do you park it, and hope inspiration will strike in the future? Or perhaps persevere and finish it anyway?

Having used the Materials in October preparation for MaNoWriMo, I am convinced that I could breath new life into some of my abandoned projects. There would be if nothing else a satisfaction gained from actually completing a few of them, even if they are never published.

I am planning to use a really detailed examination of a poem by Northern Lights to try and compose a poem for the Poetic Traditions
Poetry Contest this month. I have gotten as far as working out some themes I would like to braid together, so we will see what I can make of them, (a sonnet hopefully). I came across the examination via a Read and Review, and was deeply impressed.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1991470 by Not Available.


FORUM
Poetic Traditions Poetry Contest   (E)
A Contest for Metrical Rhyming Poetry.
#2055137 by Brenpoet


Bit of a plug for myself, I have submitted a flash fiction for the Weekly Screams Contest, I am really hoping that others will also enter, so here is the link:

FORUM
SCREAMS!!!  (GC)
A Terrifying Contest Of Horror And Three Time Quill Award Winner!
#2020439 by Lilli 🧿 ☕



© Copyright 2022 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024405-A-Mess-of-pottage