*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024702-Its-Broke
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1024702 added January 15, 2022 at 12:03am
Restrictions: None
It's Broke
Another one from "JAFBG [XGC] today:

What are you most exhausted with in this exact moment? What was your breaking point with this issue?


I don't suppose "everything" counts? Maybe? No? Fine.

Yesterday, I got some groceries delivered. Not an unusual occurrence, as I've noted. I could have waited a few more days, but what with the blizzard whiteout we expect Sunday (now down to about 8 inches), I figured the stores would be out of bread and milk by tomorrow, so I bought a shitload of bread and milk.

Just kidding. But I did buy other essentials like Crack Zero and beer. All in all, I ordered about 20 items, not a huge amount.

The store was out of eight of them and the shopper had to find replacements for another four. More, since I was wanting to make loaded baked potatoes at some point, I asked for cheese, potatoes, and bacon bits.

They were out of cheese and potatoes. I'd put instructions on the bacon bits: Only buy these if there are also potatoes and cheese. What did I end up with? Bacon bits, of course. Oh well. They should last a while.

The point is, fuck these shortages. No, I'm not going to starve or, worse, go thirsty, but that doesn't mean I'm not annoyed. And I understand why they're happening, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

And yes, I realize other people have it worse. Which only enrages me more, because them having it worse doesn't negate the fact that this is what is pissing me off right at this moment.

Ask me tomorrow and I'll say "the situation in Ukraine" or "the high cost of healthcare" or "people getting screwed by student loans" or something else that's not my immediate problem. And ask me on Monday and I'll probably be like "the tree branch that just broke my house" because it's going to sn*w, then rain, then freeze. But today, I choose to wallow in my first world problem.

© Copyright 2022 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024702-Its-Broke