*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025093-January-Twenty
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1025093 added January 20, 2022 at 10:36pm
Restrictions: None
January Twenty


Sample prompt for the Blame it on my Muse a 5 DAY Blog Challenge

You've been on an extended vacation, your luggage is packed full of souvenirs and acquisitions from several countries. You have to cross a border into a small country with heavily armed security and many large warning signs written in a language you can't read. You and your luggage are pushed in front of an angry border officer, who proceeds to yell at you in an unknown language. Just then, your muse materializes in its physical form, and says to you, "Don't worry... I got this."
Tell us how the rest of your day went.



“Asydufpasodjf asdkjfl!” Then he threw the carry-on bag to another big guy, who shouted “Kweporu naksjerp, as if!”

Now five border guards have rooted in my luggage, looking for something. I have no idea what. When I travel, I collect small magnets. Little souvenirs of where I’ve been. And also stickers. Those items take little space and don't weigh me down. My carry-on is full of them.

But then I remembered, Andre the Blog Monkey and his minions had been snooping around my bags before I boarded the last flight. Somehow they appeared at the gate in Bozeman, drunk as I’ve ever seen them. Seems they got into the frequent flier lounge and drank all the vodka before being chased out by security. Now they’re jumping out of my bags.

Out hop Andre, then Grumpy, then Pub Bunny, then Anon-y-Monkey, then that new little gremlin without a name yet. They are covered with stickers. Andre has magnets in both paws, Pub Bunny has them in both ears.

“Askdhfpasner! HHHHHHH!”

I sense these are phrases that aren’t friendly by the facial expressions. I may be in big trouble here. This is a country that isn’t kind to rule breakers. Possible foreign jail time, years of torture.

Then suddenly, appearing as if from the gods, Diana appears. Wrapped in what looks like a white sheet she shimmers and glimmers. All the animals are transfixed. All the border guards are transfixed. It is as if they are under her spell.

“Quick, grab those, those, whatever they are.”

“Umm. Sure. Magnets and stickers.”

“Seems like a silly reason for me to rescue you, human. But nonetheless, here I am. Why are these animals under the influence of Bacchus? And why are they with you?”

“I know them, the drunken bunch of bums. Good question how they somehow ended up in my luggage.”

“Perhaps you need to choose better friends. But I am not here to give you life lessons, I am here to rescue you. So I will take those animals since I am the goddess of wild animals. I will put the silly items back in your bags. Those angry men will not bother you anymore.”

Diana then disappeared with Andre and his buddies. The guards shook their heads and rummaged again in my bags. Their hands brought out magnets and stickers, deodorant and toothpaste.

“Khjaoepsorj. GO!”

That I understood. I left before they changed their minds. I pray Andre and friends find their way home. If not, I hope sure hope they have fun.



new signature 2021



Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025093-January-Twenty