*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025159-Everything-and-Nothing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1025159 added January 22, 2022 at 12:02am
Restrictions: None
Everything and Nothing
I've been kind of dreading this one from "JAFBG [XGC], but here I am taking a stab at it anyway.

What's something going on in the world or in your local community right now that you think people should be more aware of?


To be honest, I don't know.

That's the simple answer. Of course, you don't expect me to stick with the simple answer, do you?

Anyone reading this necessarily has an internet connection (my apologies to anyone who's reading a printout of this a hundred years in the future -- congratulations for surviving, by the way). Anyone with an internet connection can find out pretty much whatever they want, whenever they want, with the only caveat being that one must use some discretion to separate fact from fiction -- which is a skill that some of us don't seem to have.

So I'm aware of a bunch of stuff, not all of which I can fully trust. And, presumably, so are you. I'm probably aware of stuff that you're not, and vice-versa, but I have no idea which is which.

The big global stories right now involve the pandemic, Ukraine, and the volcano in Tonga. And Meat Loaf's recent death, which is somehow related to at least one of those things, but not everyone cares about that.

And that's the problem: not a lack of knowledge, but a lack of giving a shit. As there is plenty of stuff that I don't give a shit about (sports, for example), I can understand that.

If you don't care, I can't make you care. The information is out there. All you have to do is ask the right questions.

Humans are capable of profound intelligence and equally profound stupidity (sometimes even within the same individual). I try to highlight some cases of both in this blog -- scientific discoveries as well as completely misguided philosophy.

So, "What's something going on in the world or in your local community right now?" Everything. And nothing. It depends on your point of view.

© Copyright 2022 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025159-Everything-and-Nothing