*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025323
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by C. Don
Rated: 18+ · Book · Scientific · #2262478
Just stuff I thought of while getting a little exercise.
#1025323 added January 24, 2022 at 10:35pm
Restrictions: None
Quantum Imaginations
         Working with the reading I've done lately, I think it would be a good idea to resurrect the term Aether, not for electromagnetic waves, but for the matrix sometimes used to describe what is 'waving' in Quantum Physics. It gives the wave nature to matter and photons. Then we can use it to support my idea that light speed is not constant.
         Aether is like a 3-D net thrown by the Big Bang and continuously unfurling over time. Where the farther away from BB the higher the tension is in the net fibers.
         Just as a fisherman that throws a rolled up (2-D) fishing net, with his foot on one end, the tension in the net strings would be greatest at his foot, but weakest at the unrolling net. In between, there may be no precise equation for the tensions in the intervening fibers.
         Let's just say that at our "local position," the Aether tension is where we experience the physical universe. The Aether is not pinned to us here, we are just midway between any two opposite sides of the universe.
         The farther back in time (distance) we observe, the nature of light and rules of physics has to be recomputed to the lesser tensions in that distant Aether.
         Light waves the same at all local conditions, but as the waves travel into higher tension Aether, they speed up, but their frequency doesn't. So the farther away the source, the redder it appears.
         I wonder if an experiment could be done for a guitar string with different tensions along it's length? Maybe vary the thickness of the string so the harmonic frequency changes even though the overall tension is the same.
         Better yet... glue tiny ferromagnetic chips along the string, but place the string beside a strong magnetic field that would cause the tension to be a gradient along the string. What shape would the sound wave look like.
         Now that would be a 2-D experiment. A quasi 3-D could be done with sound using varying densities of air or liquid. How fast does the sound go through each layer, verses the frequency at each layer given a known input frequency? Isn't sound frequency really just a function of density?
         Or a cowboy's lariat equation? A loop of rope thrown with one end tied to the saddle. The tension would vary by the force of the trow minus the portion of rope's momentum as a sum over the length of unfurled rope. A complex equation involving the flexibility of the rope, its position relative to the loop and cowboy, and the momentum of each segment of the rope.
         (I know, I know, that's not how a cowboy throws a lariat.)

© Copyright 2022 C. Don (UN: huntemann at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C. Don has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025323