*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025767-Wind-Means-Change
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1025767 added January 31, 2022 at 11:39pm
Restrictions: None
Wind Means Change

More wind here today. There is always a big wind, it seems, before a storm. Now they are calling for snow tomorrow. Well, it is February 1 tomorrow, so I guess that is okay.

One big thing that happened here recently - we got rid of our satellite TV. Now if I want to watch any TV or movies, I do it on my computer. And I figured out how to make our TV, it's a Samsung smart TV, behave like a large computer monitor. Now if that wasn't just the best accomplishment. Me versus machine for a few weeks trying to figure that out. I knew there had to be a way. Youtube to the rescue.

So, it all has to do with the HDMI, the cables, the ports, the switching over, the mirroring...and magic occurred one night. Now I can download movies or get Apple TV or Hulu or Discovery+ on the computer, hook it up to the TV and see everything on a large screen with real sound. Amazing. And I don't now have the DirecTV bill that was going to increase, again, to an unknown amount.

Funny how little things can make you so happy. Like saving $.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025767-Wind-Means-Change